From: Han on
I can't find the answer to my question googling, on groups or in the wild.

I would like to keep Q2008 on the same machine AND install Q2010 (both are
the deluxe version US flavor). Is this possible, and what precautions do I
need to take?

--
Best regards
Han
From: CSM1 on
Han <nobody(a)nospam.not> wrote in

> I can't find the answer to my question googling, on groups or in the
> wild.
>
> I would like to keep Q2008 on the same machine AND install Q2010 (both
> are the deluxe version US flavor). Is this possible, and what
> precautions do I need to take?

You can keep prior versions of Quicken on your computer.

You MUST choose a different folder to install the new Quicken, don't use
the default choice. Do a custom install.

It is also a good idea to have your quicken data in a folder of your
choice, rather than the Quicken folder.

A separate folder for each version of Quicken.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com
From: Han on
CSM1 <nomail(a)nomoremail.com> wrote in

> Han <nobody(a)nospam.not> wrote in
>
>> I can't find the answer to my question googling, on groups or in the
>> wild.
>>
>> I would like to keep Q2008 on the same machine AND install Q2010
>> (both are the deluxe version US flavor). Is this possible, and what
>> precautions do I need to take?
>>

> You can keep prior versions of Quicken on your computer.
>
> You MUST choose a different folder to install the new Quicken, don't
> use the default choice. Do a custom install.
>
> It is also a good idea to have your quicken data in a folder of your
> choice, rather than the Quicken folder.
>
> A separate folder for each version of Quicken.

I did start the install in a different folder, but I think the
installation still uninstalled my Q2008 <sad>.

I still have Q2008 on another machine, and did back up <grin>.

--
Best regards
Han
From: John Pollard on
Han wrote:

> I did start the install in a different folder, but I think the
> installation still uninstalled my Q2008 <sad>.

To prevent the uninstall of other Quicken versions when you do an install:
the first time during the install that you see a "Next" button to click,
hold down CTRL+SHIFT while you click it.

--

John Pollard

From: Han on
"John Pollard" <8plus7isf(a)gmail.com> wrote in

> Han wrote:
>
>> I did start the install in a different folder, but I think the
>> installation still uninstalled my Q2008 <sad>.
>
> To prevent the uninstall of other Quicken versions when you do an
> install: the first time during the install that you see a "Next"
> button to click, hold down CTRL+SHIFT while you click it.

Too late ...
But I have the backup machine <grin>.

--
Best regards