From: Bubba on
On Apr 14, 3:33 am, Martin Brown <|||newspam...(a)nezumi.demon.co.uk>
wrote:

> You are may be tending to burn out the highlights in the red channel
> then in the initial exposure in strong light. There is a small price to
> be paid for having a Bayer sensor in terms of colour resolution but I
> would never describe it as a red flair. I suggest you unlearn it.
>
> Most common flair at edge of field is purple or green from chromatic
> aberrations in the lens.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand the above. Because I've elicited
such (perplexing) rancor, maybe I should just rephrase the question.
If I were to choose, say, a Canon G11 (which allows shooting in RAW)
over a SX1 (which has the CMOS), would the problems that I have
articulated them that I have with reds/pinks/oranges--and that you
have articulated in a way I do not comprehend--be less likely to
happen? (I would purchase a green filter!)
From: Ray Fischer on
Bubba <digitalrube(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>On Apr 14, 3:33�am, Martin Brown <|||newspam...(a)nezumi.demon.co.uk>
>wrote:
>>
>> You are may be tending to burn out the highlights in the red channel
>> then in the initial exposure in strong light. There is a small price to
>> be paid for having a Bayer sensor in terms of colour resolution but I
>> would never describe it as a red flair. I suggest you unlearn it.
>>
>> Most common flair at edge of field is purple or green from chromatic
>> aberrations in the lens.
>
>I'm sorry, but I don't understand the above. Because I've elicited
>such (perplexing) rancor, maybe I should just rephrase the question.
>If I were to choose, say, a Canon G11 (which allows shooting in RAW)
>over a SX1 (which has the CMOS), would the problems that I have
>articulated them that I have with reds/pinks/oranges-

The problem is that you have NOT described your problems with reds.
You've complained that oyu don't like the reds but without knowing
specifics it is almost impssoble to say what your problem might be.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

From: Martin Brown on
Bubba wrote:
> On Apr 14, 3:33 am, Martin Brown <|||newspam...(a)nezumi.demon.co.uk>
> wrote:
>> You are may be tending to burn out the highlights in the red channel
>> then in the initial exposure in strong light. There is a small price to
>> be paid for having a Bayer sensor in terms of colour resolution but I
>> would never describe it as a red flair. I suggest you unlearn it.
>>
>> Most common flair at edge of field is purple or green from chromatic
>> aberrations in the lens.
>
> I'm sorry, but I don't understand the above. Because I've elicited
> such (perplexing) rancor, maybe I should just rephrase the question.

Until you actually post a concrete *example* of the problem that you are
trying to describe it is completely impossible to answer your question.

A picture is worth a thousand words or more in a photography group.

> If I were to choose, say, a Canon G11 (which allows shooting in RAW)
> over a SX1 (which has the CMOS), would the problems that I have
> articulated them that I have with reds/pinks/oranges--and that you
> have articulated in a way I do not comprehend--be less likely to
> happen? (I would purchase a green filter!)

You are not articulating anything that makes sense. Show us an image!

Clueless. Go and buy a Foveon sensor based camera that will have a red
photosensor for every pixel which may help. Or show us an image!

Regards,
Martin Brown
From: Bubba on
On Apr 15, 2:00 pm, Martin Brown <|||newspam...(a)nezumi.demon.co.uk>
wrote:

> Until you actually post a concrete *example* of the problem that you are
> trying to describe it is completely impossible to answer your question.

I don't know how to post a picture to a newsgroup. A Flicker account?

> Clueless. Go and buy a Foveon sensor based camera that will have a red
> photosensor for every pixel which may help. Or show us an image!

WOW!!! I never even heard of Sigma. I read a ton of reviews of a 14MP
camera, and most people seem to think it's the next best thing to
nylon stockings. This is indeed the issue I'm writing about--the
"aliasing" that I get from my Canons. If I buy a SX1, and I still get
the blotch, I'll lose my mind. The only question--I've only had Canons
(had a DLSR, sent it back). What's the deal with no auto-focus on the
cameras with Foveon sensors, and are there any competitors to Sigma
that have them? Leica? Thanks!!!
From: bugbear on
Bubba wrote:
> On Apr 15, 2:00 pm, Martin Brown <|||newspam...(a)nezumi.demon.co.uk>
> wrote:
>> Until you actually post a concrete *example* of the problem that you are
>> trying to describe it is completely impossible to answer your question.
>
> I don't know how to post a picture to a newsgroup. A Flicker account?

Find a hosting account.

Flickr would work, I use photobucket.

There are lots.

Register, read the instructions, follow the instructions,
upload your photograph(s).

Post a link to your photograph on the site
to this group, with your question(s).

It's possible that there may be issues with subsampling,
EXIT etc, but we'll cross those bridges when
we come to them,

BugBear
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4