From: EARL on
I'm keep getting this message: a problem has been detected and windows has
been shut domn to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen restart your
computer. If this screen appears again,follow these steps:

check for viruses on your computer.Remove any newly installed hard drives or
hard drive controllers.Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly
conigured and terminated. Run CHKDSK/F to check for hard drive corruption,
and then restart your computer.

Technical information:
*** stop: 0x0000007B (0xF9E49528,oxC0000034,0x00000000,0x00000000)

I tryed to do what it said but my computer is not letting my do anything
that message is keep come up.Can anyone please help me?
From: BAR on
From the way you write your message it appears that you have attempted to
restart you computer several times in Normal startup mode.

Have you tried to startup in safe mode to run CHKDSK?

This type of message accompanies the incorrect installation of a disk drive
or the infection of your PC by a worm or virus.

Again starup in safe mode and attempt to run a full virus scan and anti
spyware scan.

From: T_Trey on
start in safe mode and do scan disc then do
a virus check from there restart and try try again

From: DJ Borell on
"EARL" <EARL(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Technical information:
> *** stop: 0x0000007B (0xF9E49528,oxC0000034,0x00000000,0x00000000)

Need more specifics about your machine to really offer assistance, but
here's a place to start:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324103

From: grep on
I just had a client with this problem. What's happening is that for
whatever reason, the DOS boot procedure, which first gets control of the
disk, works fine. Once you've launched Windows, though, Windows can't
find the appropriate driver for your boot device.

In my client's case, it was their server, which used a non-standard IDE
RAID controller. The drivers for that controller got trounced and had to
be reinstalled.

The other case, discussed in the documentation, is just that your
standard Windows disk drivers got messed up.

In either case, you'll need your Windows Installation CD. Boot to the
CD. If you're using a special adapter, make sure to press F6 and let it
load the appropriate drivers. When it comes up and asks if you want to
repair, Press R and then select the option for the Recovery Console.
You'll then select the path to your Windows installation, and get into
the console.

At the Recovery Console, you should run CHKDSK /R and let that do it's
stuff. That may be all that's required.

If not, you should try again, but this time make sure to use your ERD.
That should put all the necessary drivers back.

Good luck,

grep

EARL wrote:

> I'm keep getting this message: a problem has been detected and windows has
> been shut domn to prevent damage to your computer.
>
> If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen restart your
> computer. If this screen appears again,follow these steps:
>
> check for viruses on your computer.Remove any newly installed hard drives or
> hard drive controllers.Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly
> conigured and terminated. Run CHKDSK/F to check for hard drive corruption,
> and then restart your computer.
>
> Technical information:
> *** stop: 0x0000007B (0xF9E49528,oxC0000034,0x00000000,0x00000000)
>
> I tryed to do what it said but my computer is not letting my do anything
> that message is keep come up.Can anyone please help me?

Pages: 1
Prev: program install
Next: Can't delete corrupt file