From: racerl1 on
After loading Turbo Tax a couple of weeks ago, I started getting an error
when trying to open Outlook 2003. It stated that a file ID_011.dpc was
corrupt. I tried to reinstall over Outlook and even tried to uninstall
Outlook, but every time it came to that one file, everything would stop.
Finally, I deleted everything except the file, and renamed the folder that it
was in. This allowed me to reinstall Outlook with no problem.

The problem I have now is that I cannot delete this corrupt file that is in
a folder by itself. Everytime I start my computer, check disk runs and finds
no problems. Yet, when I try to delete, rename, or restore over the corrupt
file, it tells me I cannot delete the file because it is corrupted and
unreadable. How can I get rid of this unnecessary file?
From: Galen on
In news:2AA12109-64C5-466E-A598-573D59CA3255(a)microsoft.com,
racerl1 <racerl1(a)discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> The problem I have now is that I cannot delete this corrupt file that
> is in a folder by itself. Everytime I start my computer, check disk
> runs and finds no problems. Yet, when I try to delete, rename, or
> restore over the corrupt file, it tells me I cannot delete the file
> because it is corrupted and unreadable. How can I get rid of this
> unnecessary file?

Pound on the F8 key during boot to access safe mode without networking and
delete it in there. That should, I hope, take care of it.

Galen

mental exaltation." -- Sherlock Holmes

From: racerl1 on
Thanks for your response. When I choose Safe Mode, a lot of text scrolls on
the screen, and then it freezes up. After several minutes it restarts
normally, and I cannot delete the file. I tried Safe Mode with Command
Prompt, but I was unable to delete the file that way also. Any other
suggestions?

From: Galen on
In news:05E0F02E-EFD7-4BF9-A38B-BD0D47968F6E(a)microsoft.com,
racerl1 <racerl1(a)discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> Thanks for your response. When I choose Safe Mode, a lot of text
> scrolls on the screen, and then it freezes up. After several minutes
> it restarts normally, and I cannot delete the file. I tried Safe
> Mode with Command Prompt, but I was unable to delete the file that
> way also. Any other suggestions?

Well... That's interesting... The other suggestion is to open up your CD
drive, insert the XP CD, reboot with it in there, and then enter the repair
console and delete the file through there. The recovery console has a help
function. You can read about it here:

There is a delete function.

From: racerl1 on
That didn't delete the file either. It allowed me to move the folder the
file is in into the Windows folder. When I tried to delete it in the repair
console, it told me the delete function failed. I am able to move the folder
around, but not the file. I cannot delete the folder, though. I tried that
in repair console and couldn't because the folder was not empty.