From: Galen on
In news:B8815944-150B-4F06-BD9E-7D4F07410FD2(a)microsoft.com,
racerl1 <racerl1(a)discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> That didn't delete the file either. It allowed me to move the folder
> the file is in into the Windows folder. When I tried to delete it in
> the repair console, it told me the delete function failed. I am able
> to move the folder around, but not the file. I cannot delete the
> folder, though. I tried that in repair console and couldn't because
> the folder was not empty.

Silly question but have you tried to run CHKDSK?

Galen

mental exaltation." -- Sherlock Holmes

From: racerl1 on
Yes, I have run chkdsk several times. It has been happening automatically
every time I turn on my computer, but it doesn't find any errors.

From: Galen on
In news:918435A2-0B6D-4F57-B6F2-8C88ED6A03C0(a)microsoft.com,
racerl1 <racerl1(a)discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> Yes, I have run chkdsk several times. It has been happening
> automatically every time I turn on my computer, but it doesn't find
> any errors.

This is a good one :)

Okay... Try this:

Go to the recovery console again and run CHKDSK from there but run it with
the following switches /p /r so the command would be "chkdsk /p /r" That
should take a little while to run. Let it finish though and when you're done
try to remove the directory with the "rmdir <path to folder>" command. I'm
not sure if it wouldn't allow you to remove the directory because you were
using the DEL command or if it was just a system error. If you still can't
get rid of it try, after the disk check, "del <path to file/file name>" and
see if that helps. Seeing as you seem able to move or alter this in some way
it might be easier to move the file to the C: directory so that you don't
have to worry about the path.

From: Ricky on
This program may help to delete the file..
http://www.softwarepatch.com/software/moveonboot.html

From: racerl1 on
I ran the chkdsk the way you explained. Afterwards, I tried the rmdir, and
received the message "Access is denied". I also tried del, and received
"Access id denied". It didn't even let me change to the directory where the
file was located. When I tried cd, I received the same "Access is denied".
I tried to delete it once I opened Windows back up, and received the old
corrupt and unreadable message.