From: "MR V" <MR on
I have just replaced my motherboard and processor. I put my Windows XP Pro
cd into my cd drive and started the installation process and I received the
following error:

File \I386|KDCOM.DLL could not be loaded. The error code is 4

I have never received an error like that before and I'm wondering what has
caused the problem and how do I fix it.

To make sure that my CD wasn't bad, I inserted the cd into another pc and
it worked fine.

Thanks in advance for your help
From: Kerry Brown on
> File \I386|KDCOM.DLL could not be loaded. The error code is 4
>
> I have never received an error like that before and I'm wondering what has
> caused the problem and how do I fix it.
>
> To make sure that my CD wasn't bad, I inserted the cd into another pc and
> it worked fine.

It could still be the CD. Try cleaning it with warm running water and a lint
free cloth. Failing that if you have access to another CD of the same
version give that a try. It could also be a symptom of failing/bad ram or a
failing CDROM drive.

Kerry Brown
KDB Systems

From: "MR V" <MR on

Thanks for the advice Kerry. I have tried your suggestion (i.e., cleaning
the CD and it is working). Again thanks.

From: Kerry Brown on
Your welcome.

Kerry Brown
KDB Systems