From: Ed Crowley [MVP] on
The message says:
<XXXXXXXXXXXX #5.2.3 smtp;450 5.2.3 Msg Size greater than allowed by Remote
Host>
That message says that the remote host your server communicated rejected the
message.

What is the path your Outbound mail follows? Since you mentioned a routing
group connector, you have me wondering. Does your organization have an SMTP
Connector, and, if so, does it have a limit? If not, you should have one.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

From: Craig on
Yea, that message threw me off at first. Until I saw no communication with
the remote host in the logs.

Under routing groups, we have the Internet Mail SMTP Connector. This
contains Content Restrictions, Allowed Sizes. "Only messages less then
(KB)" I have this unchecked.

The bridgehead is the Default SMTP Virtual Server

This has the setting for Limit Message size to (KB), and Limit session size
to (KB)
I have both of these unchecked.

From: Ed Crowley [MVP] on
Do you route mail by MX records or to your ISP's (or other) smart host? If
a smart host, that could be the server bouncing you. Make sure you have
protocol logging enabled on the bridgehead server responsible for sending as
configured in your SMTP Connector, and then see if you can find the bounce.
That bounce says an SMTP server threw a 450 error. I think that will be a
server to which your Exchange server is trying to send the message.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

From: Craig on
We send mail directly by MX records, and I do have SMTP logging on.
But this does not make it to the SMTP logs.

Is there another log I can enable that might help to see where it is getting
stopped?

From: Ed Crowley [MVP] on
Did you check the organizational limit I've mentioned twice?
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

> We send mail directly by MX records, and I do have SMTP logging on.
> But this does not make it to the SMTP logs.
>
> Is there another log I can enable that might help to see where it is
> getting stopped?
>

> "Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice(a)nospam.net> wrote in message
>> Do you route mail by MX records or to your ISP's (or other) smart host?
>> If a smart host, that could be the server bouncing you. Make sure you
>> have protocol logging enabled on the bridgehead server responsible for
>> sending as configured in your SMTP Connector, and then see if you can
>> find the bounce. That bounce says an SMTP server threw a 450 error. I
>> think that will be a server to which your Exchange server is trying to
>> send the message.
>> --
>> Ed Crowley MVP
>> "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
>> .
>>
>> "Craig" <craigm(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
>>> Yea, that message threw me off at first. Until I saw no communication
>>> with the remote host in the logs.
>>>
>>> Under routing groups, we have the Internet Mail SMTP Connector. This
>>> contains Content Restrictions, Allowed Sizes. "Only messages less then
>>> (KB)" I have this unchecked.
>>>
>>> The bridgehead is the Default SMTP Virtual Server
>>>
>>> This has the setting for Limit Message size to (KB), and Limit session
>>> size to (KB)
>>> I have both of these unchecked.
>>>
>>> "Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice(a)nospam.net> wrote in message

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: What's Causing this Bounced Mail?
Next: IP Blacklisted