From: Craig on
I am having an issue where we can not email large files to smtp addresses.

We have Outlook/Exchange 2003, I have Changed the Routing Group Connector,
Virtual SMTP, Message Delivery, and Mailbox Store send/receive limits to
unrestriced.
All users are using default settings in Message Delivery--Unlimited.
I do not have a smarthost.

my test file is 17mb..which is above the 10mb default limit, and it comes
back with this message.

This message is larger than the current system limit or the
recipient's mailbox is full. Create a shorter message body or remove
attachments and try sending it again.
<XXXXXXXXXXXX #5.2.3 smtp;450 5.2.3 Msg Size greater than
allowed by Remote Host>

I have looked at every KB article, which all point you towards the LIMIT
settings above, but I just can not get by this.

FYI, I can email this file internally between our Ex2003 and 2010 server
which are in the same site.
But I can can not email the file to someone on the internet.

Nothing is being written to the SMTP logs, so it doesnt make it that far.

Does anyone have an idea here? Are there any logging settings I can turn on
that would pinpoint the point of failure?

Thanks for your help!

From: Ed Crowley [MVP] on
By sending to "smtp addresses" do you mean recipients in your Exchange
organization or externally?

There's also a global organizational limit you might want to check.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

From: Craig on
Externally.

From: Ed Crowley [MVP] on
Are you sure the bounce is not coming from the recipient's e-mail server?
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

From: Craig on
Yes, absolutely.

the message has our server name and there is no communication in the smtp
logs.

> Are you sure the bounce is not coming from the recipient's e-mail server?
> --
> Ed Crowley MVP
> "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
> .
>
> "Craig" <craigm(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Externally.
>>
>> "Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice(a)nospam.net> wrote in message
>>> By sending to "smtp addresses" do you mean recipients in your Exchange
>>> organization or externally?
>>>
>>> There's also a global organizational limit you might want to check.
>>> --
>>> Ed Crowley MVP
>>> "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
>>> .
>>>
>>> "Craig" <craigm(a)comcast.net> wrote in message

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: What's Causing this Bounced Mail?
Next: IP Blacklisted