From: powrwrap on
I'm beginning my shopping in earnest for a new computer. I've got my
eye on the Studio XPS 9000 so I went to the small business section of
Dell online. No 9000's listed. They had 8100's.

I went into live chat and was told that the Studio XPS 9000 is
exclusive to home sales only. So I guess I buy one from the home side?
Is there any advantage to phoning in an order?
From: skeeter on

"powrwrap" <powrwrap(a)aol.com> wrote in message
> I'm beginning my shopping in earnest for a new computer. I've got my
> eye on the Studio XPS 9000 so I went to the small business section of
> Dell online. No 9000's listed. They had 8100's.
>
> I went into live chat and was told that the Studio XPS 9000 is
> exclusive to home sales only. So I guess I buy one from the home side?
> Is there any advantage to phoning in an order?

none that i know of.

From: Tom Lake on

"powrwrap" <powrwrap(a)aol.com> wrote in message
> I'm beginning my shopping in earnest for a new computer. I've got my
> eye on the Studio XPS 9000 so I went to the small business section of
> Dell online. No 9000's listed. They had 8100's.
>
> I went into live chat and was told that the Studio XPS 9000 is
> exclusive to home sales only. So I guess I buy one from the home side?
> Is there any advantage to phoning in an order?

I like ordering online because I get immediate feedback to make sure
I've ordered exactly what I thought I was ordering. Also, the online
ordering is very good at spotting hardware conflicts so you never
have to worry about whether or not this video card goes with this
memory and CPU configuration, etc.

Tom Lake

From: skeeter on

"Tom Lake" <tlake(a)twcny.rr.com> wrote in message

> "powrwrap" <powrwrap(a)aol.com> wrote in message
>> I'm beginning my shopping in earnest for a new computer. I've got my
>> eye on the Studio XPS 9000 so I went to the small business section of
>> Dell online. No 9000's listed. They had 8100's.
>>
>> I went into live chat and was told that the Studio XPS 9000 is
>> exclusive to home sales only. So I guess I buy one from the home side?
>> Is there any advantage to phoning in an order?
>
> I like ordering online because I get immediate feedback to make sure
> I've ordered exactly what I thought I was ordering. Also, the online
> ordering is very good at spotting hardware conflicts so you never
> have to worry about whether or not this video card goes with this
> memory and CPU configuration, etc.
>
> Tom Lake

exactly. a few years ago i ordered by phone a xps with 4gb ram and they
installed vista 32. i couldn't believe it, still can't.

From: lgreenwood on
On May 13, 12:45 pm, powrwrap <powrw...(a)aol.com> wrote:
> I'm beginning my shopping in earnest for a new computer. I've got my
> eye on the Studio XPS 9000 so I went to the small business section of
> Dell online. No 9000's listed. They had 8100's.
>
> I went into live chat and was told that the Studio XPS 9000 is
> exclusive to home sales only. So I guess I buy one from the home side?
> Is there any advantage to phoning in an order?

I do so to request that I get a set of cds for the operating system
and programs. Sometimes the sales person might be willing to
negotiate some extra freebies as well.

Larry Greenwood