From: feurio on
My wireless on my laptop shows a good connection to my access point (2Wire),
but the browsers or anything else that I try to use to connect to the net,
fails. Tried all kinds of tools to reset TCIP from Microsoft and 3d party
tools. LSP-Fix doesn't show any problem. Tried winsock fix, reset the stack
several times. Even deleted it manually and reinstalled. No change. I'm at
the end of my rope. Please help. I'msending this from my destop

WinXP SP3

Serge

From: feurio on
BTW, Windows Diag bundled with IE shows this:

Last diagnostic run time: 04/03/10 21:02:15 WinSock Diagnostic
WinSock status

info Error attmpting to validate the Winsock base providers: 2
error Not all base service provider entries could be found in the winsock
catalog. A reset is needed.
info Redirecting user to support call

Network Adapter Diagnostic
Network location detection

info Using home Internet connection
Network adapter identification

info Network connection: Name=Bluetooth Network Connection, Device=Bluetooth
Device (Personal Area Network), MediaType=LAN, SubMediaType=BLUETOOTH
info Network connection: Name=Local Area Connection, Device=Realtek
RTL8169/8110 Family Gigabit Ethernet NIC, MediaType=LAN, SubMediaType=LAN
info Network connection: Name=Wireless Network Connection, Device=Intel(R)
PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection, MediaType=LAN, SubMediaType=WIRELESS
info Network connection: Name=1394 Connection, Device=1394 Net Adapter,
MediaType=LAN, SubMediaType=1394
info Both Ethernet and Wireless connections available, prompting user for
selection
action User input required: Select network connection
info Wireless connection selected
Network adapter status

info Network connection status: Connected

HTTP, HTTPS, FTP Diagnostic
HTTP, HTTPS, FTP connectivity

warn HTTP: Error 12007 connecting to www.microsoft.com: The server name or
address could not be resolved
warn HTTPS: Error 12007 connecting to www.microsoft.com: The server name or
address could not be resolved
warn FTP (Passive): Error 12007 connecting to ftp.microsoft.com: The server
name or address could not be resolved
warn HTTP: Error 12007 connecting to www.hotmail.com: The server name or
address could not be resolved
warn HTTPS: Error 12007 connecting to www.passport.net: The server name or
address could not be resolved
warn FTP (Active): Error 12007 connecting to ftp.microsoft.com: The server
name or address could not be resolved
error Could not make an HTTP connection.
error Could not make an HTTPS connection.
error Could not make an FTP connection.

From: LD55ZRA on

Is your desktop using the same router and is it connected via CAT5 cable or
wireless?

About your laptop, did it ever connect before the problem started and did
you install any new updates from Microsoft? If so can you name them.

What sort of tools did you use to reset TCPIP.

Have you backed up your data just in case it is necessary to re-install
Windows XP from scratch? Sometimes it is necessary to re-install Windows XP
with SP3 integrated and to stop all updates post SP3 because they are main
problems with connections.

Please also confirm whether or not you have tried connecting using Firefox
web browser.

hth

From: JimC on
Sounds like a dns issue. Try opening a command prompt and type: ipconfig
/flushdns
Cheers,
Jim