From: Peter Hibbs on
Cindy,

That is not what I see in my tests.

I have a List box control where the Back Color property shows #000000
and the Fore Color property shows #FFFFFF. When the form is run the
List box shows white text on a black background (except for the line
that has the focus, of course, which shows as black text on a white
background).

What are the values of those properties on your control. If they are
the same then there must be something else going on here.

Peter Hibbs.

From: Cindy Minor-Jones on
Peter - The values for the fields that I added to the form from my table and did NOT convert to list boxes are BackColor #FFFFFF and ForeColor#000000. When I run my form they show up with white background black text, they also look this way in Design view.

The fileds that I brought from my table and converted to the list boxes are (opposite)BackColor #000000 and ForeColor#FFFFFF. This also gives me the same result as above, white background with black font, when I run the form only. In design view the list boxes are showing up with Blackground and White font.

I know, it is bizarre.

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.access.forms/Can-t-change-the-Back-Color-of-my-List-Box
From: Cindy Minor-Jones on
Oh boy, I think I know what it is, it is the list box selector bar. Now, it stays black once a person changes the selection. And, since I have 2 listboxes, if they make changes in both, box boxes stay black. This looks terrible. At least I know what it is now. I can work on a solution.

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.access.forms/Can-t-change-the-Back-Color-of-my-List-Box
From: Peter Hibbs on
Cindy,

I don't know what else to suggest as I tried the same thing and it
seems to work OK. Perhaps the form is corrupted or maybe there is some
setting that is causing this. Perhaps you should start a new form and
see what happens then (and don't convert a Text box to a List box just
in case that is the problem).

Perhas someone else has another suggestion.

Peter Hibbs.

From: Peter Hibbs on
Cindy,

Interesting. Let us know how you get on, it could be useful for other
programmers in the future.

Peter Hibbs.