From: ritzput on
yes but only shows post from 2007 and 2008...doesn't make sense

From: LD55ZRA on
I have seen 4 messages by you since Monday of this week. Please
post your query again using this link:

The above link will open Outlook Express or Windows Live Mail to
read and post messages without logging in on the MS server.

Hope this helps.

From: N. Miller on
On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 17:41:01 -0700, ritzput wrote:

>> "ritzput" wrote:

> "Norma" wrote:

>>> Can anyone tell me how to find previous posts? I have selected "Notify me of
>>> replies", but I never get replies and have to sift through days of posts to
>>> find mine.

>> Try typing your user name in search/ click go

> yes but only shows post from 2007 and 2008...doesn't make sense

First, your attributions were weird. Second, Google Groups apparently has
not archived the posts in this thread. So I may not have properly fixed the
attributions.

Third: You are not posting to a web forum. Despite that Microsoft has done
everything in your power to make it look so, it is not so. You are posting
to a news server, which is best accessed using a news client. My news client
has found the following posts of yours:

| From: ritzput <ritzput(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
| Subject: After windows update, .jpg coming through as .dat files?
| Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 11:26:48 -0700

| From: ritzput <ritzput(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
| Subject: Re: After windows update, .jpg coming through as .dat files?
| Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 18:59:01 -0700

My news client is set to purge posts older than a date I have set, so there
may be older posts on the server that I don't see because my client purged
them. The purging of older posts depends first upon the retention policy of
the server, second upon the preference of the new client user. Posts may
still be on the server, yet purged from my post list, because my personal
preference is not to keep old posts around very long.

A news client, such as MS Outlook Express, usually does a better job with
news groups than a Web browser for accessing news groups.

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come