From: Robert Coe on
On Fri, 28 May 2010 10:29:48 +0100, Martin Brown
<|||newspam|||@nezumi.demon.co.uk> wrote:
: On 28/05/2010 04:34, rfdjr1(a)optonline.net wrote:
: > I recently bought an Olympus SP800UZ. Tonight I was trying to take some flash
: > pictures, inside, of a new guitar. Shots were taken from four to six feet away.
:
: That is fairly close so even the weedy flash unit on a P&S should manage
: that distance OK. Sounds to me like the autofocus didn't lock onto the
: guitar properly. A bit more ambient light might help with that.

And if the camera has a pre-focus assist light, make sure it's enabled.

: 4-6 feet is in the range that most cameras ought to be able to focus.
: Default when it sees no focus assist signal back is to assume infinity
: focus which may well be what happened here.

Probably a good guess.

Bob
From: David Ruether on

"Paul Furman" <paul-@-edgehill.net> wrote in message

>>> (and more exaggerated perspective distortion,

> For example:
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/edgehill/2120400091/

Or the two examples, here --
http://www.donferrario.com/ruether/lens-angle-of-view-and-perspective.htm