From: five256 on
I set Eudora to save my email on the server(s) for 30 days. That was
about a week ago. Now I decided I don't want my emails to stay on the
server. However, they are staying on the server even though I changed
the setting in Eudora for each account (BTW, what are the Standard
settings for mail on the server?). How do I get the mail off my server?
I know it's there because I use a pre-screener called Mailwasher and my
emails that I've already downloaded are still on Mailwasher.
From: Steve Urbach on
On Wed, 05 May 2010 11:58:48 -0400, five256(a)NOwhere.com wrote:

>I set Eudora to save my email on the server(s) for 30 days. That was
>about a week ago. Now I decided I don't want my emails to stay on the
>server. However, they are staying on the server even though I changed
>the setting in Eudora for each account (BTW, what are the Standard
>settings for mail on the server?). How do I get the mail off my server?
>I know it's there because I use a pre-screener called Mailwasher and my
>emails that I've already downloaded are still on Mailwasher.
I don't know about Mailwasher, but to remove mail left on server (Icon visible
in the server status column), right click and select,
"Change Server Status" | "Delete"

From: Ajo Wissink on
On Wed, 05 May 2010 11:58:48 -0400, five256(a)NOwhere.com wrote:

>I set Eudora to save my email on the server(s) for 30 days. That was
>about a week ago. Now I decided I don't want my emails to stay on the
>server. However, they are staying on the server even though I changed
>the setting in Eudora for each account (BTW, what are the Standard
>settings for mail on the server?). How do I get the mail off my server?
>I know it's there because I use a pre-screener called Mailwasher and my
>emails that I've already downloaded are still on Mailwasher.

I suppose that the mail you have set to stay on the server for 30 days
will be there for 30 days. New mail will be deleted after having
been downloaded.

If you want the old mail deleted from the the server: right-click on
those messages in the message summary and select "Change server
status", then select "delete". The next time you check mail those
messages will be deleted.
From: five256 on
On Wed, 05 May 2010 09:37:48 -0700, Steve Urbach
<dragonsclaw(a)NOTmindspring.com> wrote:

>On Wed, 05 May 2010 11:58:48 -0400, five256(a)NOwhere.com wrote:
>
>>I set Eudora to save my email on the server(s) for 30 days. That was
>>about a week ago. Now I decided I don't want my emails to stay on the
>>server. However, they are staying on the server even though I changed
>>the setting in Eudora for each account (BTW, what are the Standard
>>settings for mail on the server?). How do I get the mail off my server?
>>I know it's there because I use a pre-screener called Mailwasher and my
>>emails that I've already downloaded are still on Mailwasher.
>I don't know about Mailwasher, but to remove mail left on server (Icon visible
>in the server status column), right click and select,
>"Change Server Status" | "Delete"

In all the many years I've used Eudora, I've never run into the Server
Status option (and I can't find it now). Please tell me how to get to
the Server Status column. Thanks..........
From: Happy Oyster on
On Wed, 05 May 2010 11:58:48 -0400, five256(a)NOwhere.com wrote:

>I set Eudora to save my email on the server(s) for 30 days. That was
>about a week ago. Now I decided I don't want my emails to stay on the
>server. However, they are staying on the server even though I changed
>the setting in Eudora for each account (BTW, what are the Standard
>settings for mail on the server?). How do I get the mail off my server?
>I know it's there because I use a pre-screener called Mailwasher and my
>emails that I've already downloaded are still on Mailwasher.

Ask your provider. Some providers ignore settings.

..
http://twitter.com/aribertdeckers http://twitter.com/kidmed_de
http://twitter.com/kidmed_de http://twitter.com/aribertdeckers