From: bigsammyk on

Yesterday my wife was online and said that Acrobat tried to open without
her prompting it to. Immediately after that Firefox crashed and then
McAfee warned her about "something" and she chose to block. She said she
had to do this numerous times before it would go away. She swears she
was only sending an email at the time and hadn't opened anything
suspicious. After she got past McAfee she left the room and when she
came back our wallpaper had disappeared though all the icons remained.
So she rebooted.

When the machine booted back up she started getting blue screens so
just turned it off and called me.

Now, when I try to start up windows normally I get a blue screen with:
IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL
0x0000000A (0x00000000, 0x0000001c, 0x0000001, 0x804FB03C)

When I try to boot in Safe Mode I get a blue screen with:
PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA
0x00000050, (0xC47678cc, 0x00000001, 0x80537009, 0x00000000)

I've tried booting off the WinXP cd but this is a Dell that came loaded
with WinXP and I have zero clue what the Administrator password is
(There is indeed a pw, leaving the field blank didn't work)

I ran memtest86 3.5 off a boot disk and it came back with zero
problems.

Please help :(

Sam

--
bigsammyk
bigsammyk's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/174821.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

From: db on
if you can't log into safe mode
or normal mode,

then one of your options is to
borrow and xp cd from someone
and boot with it.

afterwards you can run a check
disk and a fixboot.

another option is to remove the
hard drive and install it as a slave
on a functional computer.

then you can run some commands
from the functional pc.

however, ultimately if it is a dell
computer and you were not given
any disks,

then you might be able to order
them from dell "or" you can execute
a "factory restore", that is if you have
a hidden partition with the setup
files.

but a factory restore will wipe the
disk clean and restore the machine
back to its factory state.

the above are just some thoughts.

------------

incidentally, dell has a community
forum where the dell geeks hang
out at.

just go to dell.com and login to
their forums.

--
db���`�...�><)))�>
DatabaseBen, Retired Professional

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From: neil on
"bigsammyk" <bigsammyk.44w6jb(a)DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> Yesterday my wife was online and said that Acrobat tried to open without
> her prompting it to. Immediately after that Firefox crashed and then
> McAfee warned her about "something" and she chose to block. She said she
> had to do this numerous times before it would go away. She swears she
> was only sending an email at the time and hadn't opened anything
> suspicious. After she got past McAfee she left the room and when she
> came back our wallpaper had disappeared though all the icons remained.
> So she rebooted.
>
> When the machine booted back up she started getting blue screens so
> just turned it off and called me.
>
> Now, when I try to start up windows normally I get a blue screen with:
> IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL
> 0x0000000A (0x00000000, 0x0000001c, 0x0000001, 0x804FB03C)
>
> When I try to boot in Safe Mode I get a blue screen with:
> PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA
> 0x00000050, (0xC47678cc, 0x00000001, 0x80537009, 0x00000000)
>
> I've tried booting off the WinXP cd but this is a Dell that came loaded
> with WinXP and I have zero clue what the Administrator password is
> (There is indeed a pw, leaving the field blank didn't work)
>
> I ran memtest86 3.5 off a boot disk and it came back with zero
> problems.
>
> Please help :(
>
> Sam
>

> --
> bigsammyk
> bigsammyk's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/174821.htm
> View this thread:
> http://forums.techarena.in/windows-xp-support/1293734.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

You could try this link
http://www.mediafire.com/?ueyyzfymmig
it will give you an iso to burn to a CD, after that boot from the CD and
then you will have the recovery console (only) where you can try fixboot and
chkdsk.

Neil

From: Peter Foldes on
http://aumha.org/a/stop.htm