From: David Walker on
Does anyone have any idea why this doesn't work:

- Install Virtual PC 2004

- Attach your real floppy drive as the A drive

- Boot any DOS disk (from Windows 98, for example, but I have tried
several). You're now running MS-Dos ... you can TYPE A:AUTOEXEC.BAT for
example

- Select Action/Install or Update Virtual Machine Additions from the
Virtual PC menu. It attaches the VMADDITIONS.ISO image as my CD-Rom, which
is E: for me.

- Try to run anything from the Dos folder in the CD-Rom drive letter that
Virtual PC attached. You can't.

Even trying to TYPE E:\AUTORUN.INF doesn't work. Trying to COPY E:\DOS
\CDROM.SYS NUL: doesn't work. A DIR on the disk is the only thing that
works.

Any idea why?

Thanks.

David Walker

From: Steve Jain on
On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 17:20:49 -0700, David Walker <None(a)none.com>
wrote:

>Does anyone have any idea why this doesn't work:
>
>- Install Virtual PC 2004
>
>- Attach your real floppy drive as the A drive
>
>- Boot any DOS disk (from Windows 98, for example, but I have tried
>several). You're now running MS-Dos ... you can TYPE A:AUTOEXEC.BAT for
>example
>
>- Select Action/Install or Update Virtual Machine Additions from the
>Virtual PC menu. It attaches the VMADDITIONS.ISO image as my CD-Rom, which
>is E: for me.
>
>- Try to run anything from the Dos folder in the CD-Rom drive letter that
>Virtual PC attached. You can't.
>
>Even trying to TYPE E:\AUTORUN.INF doesn't work. Trying to COPY E:\DOS
>\CDROM.SYS NUL: doesn't work. A DIR on the disk is the only thing that
>works.
>
>Any idea why?
>
>Thanks.
>
>David Walker

Yes, I've responded to you in 2 other threads. There's no need to
keep reposting the same questions.

--
Cheers,
Steve Jain, Virtual Machine MVP
From: DWalker on
Steve Jain <noreply.-@-.essjae.com> wrote in

> On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 17:20:49 -0700, David Walker <None(a)none.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Does anyone have any idea why this doesn't work:
>>
>>- Install Virtual PC 2004
>>
>>- Attach your real floppy drive as the A drive
>>
>>- Boot any DOS disk (from Windows 98, for example, but I have tried
>>several). You're now running MS-Dos ... you can TYPE A:AUTOEXEC.BAT
>>for example
>>
>>- Select Action/Install or Update Virtual Machine Additions from the
>>Virtual PC menu. It attaches the VMADDITIONS.ISO image as my CD-Rom,
>>which is E: for me.
>>
>>- Try to run anything from the Dos folder in the CD-Rom drive letter
>>that Virtual PC attached. You can't.
>>
>>Even trying to TYPE E:\AUTORUN.INF doesn't work. Trying to COPY
>>E:\DOS \CDROM.SYS NUL: doesn't work. A DIR on the disk is the only
>>thing that works.
>>
>>Any idea why?
>>
>>Thanks.
>>
>>David Walker
>
> Yes, I've responded to you in 2 other threads. There's no need to
> keep reposting the same questions.

Sorry, I thought I was narrowing down some related but slightly different
problems. My apologies. I appreciate the info.