From: Nina on
Help! My hard drive crashed last week and I have had another installed. I
had backed up all my data on my clickfree automatic backup and have managed
to restore my pictures and documents, but am having problems doing so with my
e-mails and address book. I have the .pst files on my PC but can't access
them because I get an error message when I try to open them saying "You are
attempting to open a file of type Microsoft Office Outlook Personal Folders
(.pst) These fles are used by the operating system and by various
programmes. Editing or modifying them could damage your system. If you
still want to open the file, click Open With, otherwise, click Cancel" I
have tried "Open With" to no avail. I have been unable,therefore, to
transfer them to Outlook. I've tried File\Open\Outlook Data File but nothing
happens. I have found "Backup and Restore, How to Outlook on the Microsoft
site but can't make head nor tail of it. I am a rookie and need a blow by
blow account of what to do.

Can anyone please help me?

Thanks.

Nina
From: DL on
Posted & answered on another forum

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Nina" <Nina(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Help! My hard drive crashed last week and I have had another installed.

No need to post more than once.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Pages: 1