From: Steve on
On Mar 2, 10:08 am, Jürgen Exner <jurge...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> Steve <st...(a)staticg.com> wrote:
> >If I made an application, and wanted to make it portable, is it
> >possible to compile it into a single binary?
>
> See "perldoc -q compile":
>         "How can I compile my Perl program into byte code or C?"
>
> jue

Thanks!
From: Tad McClellan on
Steve <steve(a)staticg.com> wrote:
> On Mar 2, 10:08 am, Jürgen Exner <jurge...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Steve <st...(a)staticg.com> wrote:
>> >If I made an application, and wanted to make it portable, is it
>> >possible to compile it into a single binary?
>>
>> See "perldoc -q compile":
>>         "How can I compile my Perl program into byte code or C?"

> Thanks!

Can it be that you did not search the Perl FAQ before
posting to the Perl newsgroup?

--
Tad McClellan
email: perl -le "print scalar reverse qq/moc.liamg\100cm.j.dat/"
From: Ralph Malph on
Steve wrote:
> If I made an application, and wanted to make it portable, is it
> possible to compile it into a single binary?
http://www.indigostar.com/perl2exe.php is the best tool
for the job I have used.
From: bugbear on
J�rgen Exner wrote:
> Steve <steve(a)staticg.com> wrote:
>> If I made an application, and wanted to make it portable, is it
>> possible to compile it into a single binary?
>
> See "perldoc -q compile":
> "How can I compile my Perl program into byte code or C?"
>
> jue

I note that this perldoc appears to be happy
that B::Bytecode is the way to do this,
and yet the documentation for B::Bytecode
says

"
NOTICE

There are also undocumented bugs and options.

THIS CODE IS HIGHLY EXPERIMENTAL. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
"

Can anyone clarify how reliable/useable this compilation is?

BugBear
From: Peter J. Holzer on
On 2010-03-03 09:00, bugbear <bugbear(a)trim_papermule.co.uk_trim> wrote:
> J�rgen Exner wrote:
>> Steve <steve(a)staticg.com> wrote:
>>> If I made an application, and wanted to make it portable, is it
>>> possible to compile it into a single binary?
>>
>> See "perldoc -q compile":
>> "How can I compile my Perl program into byte code or C?"
>>
>> jue
>
> I note that this perldoc appears to be happy
> that B::Bytecode is the way to do this,

Not in the current version. That paragraph vanished sometime between
5.8.8 and 5.10.0

hp