From: bugbear on
Peter J. Holzer wrote:
> On 2010-03-03 09:00, bugbear <bugbear(a)trim_papermule.co.uk_trim> wrote:
>> J�rgen Exner wrote:
>>> See "perldoc -q compile":
>>> "How can I compile my Perl program into byte code or C?"
>>>
>>> jue
>> I note that this perldoc appears to be happy
>> that B::Bytecode is the way to do this,
>
> Not in the current version. That paragraph vanished sometime between
> 5.8.8 and 5.10.0

You mean the perldoc recommending B::Bytecode has
changed, or the warning in B::Bytecode?

BugBear
From: Peter J. Holzer on
On 2010-03-09 09:19, bugbear <bugbear(a)trim_papermule.co.uk_trim> wrote:
> Peter J. Holzer wrote:
>>>>
>>> I note that this perldoc appears to be happy
>>> that B::Bytecode is the way to do this,
>>
>> Not in the current version. That paragraph vanished sometime between
>> 5.8.8 and 5.10.0
>
> You mean the perldoc recommending B::Bytecode has
> changed, or the warning in B::Bytecode?

The former. See for yourself at
http://perldoc.perl.org/perlfaq3.html#How-can-I-compile-my-Perl-program-into-byte-code-or-C?

hp

From: bugbear on
Peter J. Holzer wrote:
> On 2010-03-09 09:19, bugbear <bugbear(a)trim_papermule.co.uk_trim> wrote:
>> Peter J. Holzer wrote:

>>> Not in the current version. That paragraph vanished sometime between
>>> 5.8.8 and 5.10.0
>> You mean the perldoc recommending B::Bytecode has
>> changed, or the warning in B::Bytecode?
>
> The former. See for yourself at
> http://perldoc.perl.org/perlfaq3.html#How-can-I-compile-my-Perl-program-into-byte-code-or-C?

Thanks. Although that's "not good" from my solution-oriented POV,
at least I won't waste time on a doomed solution.

BugBear