From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Robert" <cpq1bcleRREMOVETTHIS(a)verizon.net>

| thanx

YW

Let me just say that I have used there services several times. Sometimes to save a few $$
I'll send them the bad hard drive and a good hard drive and they'll extract the files and
place them on the good drive. Then send both back to me. Other times they have sent the
drive back with a USB external hard disk on which they extracted the files from the bad
drive.

In ALL cases their service has ben quality!

--
Dave

From: Patrick Keenan on

"Robert" <cpq1bcleRREMOVETTHIS(a)verizon.net> wrote in message
> Can anyone recomment a good data recovery service for an external hard
> drive? How much would it cost? I am not in a hurry.

The last time I had to get a a quote from a data recovery service, the
target was a 100 gig laptop drive, and the client opted for the "no rush"
service. The estimate was about CDN$1600, and considerably more for the
"rush" service.

In the end, they looked at the drive and the heads had crashed into the
platters and they judged the data unrecoverable. The recovery service
was owned by the manufacturer of the drive.

Whether the drive is internal or external doesn't matter. You're sending
the drive in, not your PC. The service will provide instructions for
packing.

From: Robert on
And you always paid $1000+? How much data did they recover? Is it more
based on the amount?

From: Robert on
Thanks for the info. Did your unrecoverable driive make any noises? I did
hear mine make some clicks about a week before it actually stopped.

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Robert" <cpq1bcleRREMOVETTHIS(a)verizon.net>

| And you always paid $1000+? How much data did they recover? Is it more
| based on the amount?

They recovered at least 90%. Sometime 100% if there was no problems on the platters.

Yes, the price was always ~1,500.00 USD.

--
Dave

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5