From: Jorge on
On Jan 7, 6:34 pm, David Mark <dmark.cins...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> Right.  That's what matters.  ISTM that Chrome and IE both have it,
> but they preserve the _initial_ state of the DOM, rather than the last
> state.  In such implementations, unload listeners would not need to
> thwart the feature.  I'll test that theory when I get a chance.

Test what theory ? preserving the _initial_ state of the DOM, rather
than the last state would effectively be the ordinary cache behaviour
that browsers have had since ~ day 1. What's new and different in the
latest Safaris (Page cache), Firefoxes (Back-Forward Cache) and Operas
(Fast History Navigation) is that when the page is navigated away the
JS execution is halted and every single bit of the page's current
state is fully preserved in a way that permits to have it fully
restored at a later point in time as if it had never been navigated
away: IOW, the page is just hidden and its JS is paused. Currently,
neither Chrome nor IE have that.
--
Jorge.