From: Mark Adams on

"Alex" wrote:

> It is a bell modem which is plug and play.

What you need to do is download the drivers and save them to a flash drive
or burn to CD BEFORE you reformat the computer. It would have been much
easier then. Obviously, you are posting here from a working computer; use
this one to download the drivers.

Go to the website of the maker of your computer and get the drivers for your
model computer. Once you have them all, save to a flash drive and copy to
your computer. Install the chipset driver first.
From: Bob I on

Alex wrote:

> "Mark Adams" wrote:
>

>>"Alex" wrote:
>>

>>>I just reformatted my computer and my computer wont detect my modem at all
>>>any idea why?
>>
>>Have you installed all of the hardware drivers?
>

> Im not sure which drivers i need, thats why I need the internet to find out.

If you don't have the CD for them, you make one before you flush the
hard drive.

From: sgopus on
You will need to look for the cd that contains the Motherboard drivers, just
because it says plug and play doesn't mean it doesn't need drivers,
especially when the modem is part of the motherboard.
Please list your Computer type and Model if it's a brand name.
if not list your Motherboard model and type, maybe we can suggest where to
look for the drivers

From: Jim on
On Tue, 9 Mar 2010 10:33:01 -0800, Alex
<Alex(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>It also wont detect my local Area Connection...

Drivers ?
From: Alex on
How exactly do I find out what kind of motherboard I have heh...