From: John Hurley on
On Mar 4, 9:47 am, "Chris Seidel" <csei...(a)arcor.de> wrote:

snip

> In EM 9.2 you can find it under:
>
> Instance/Configuration and then the Recovery tab.
>
> http://www.oracle.com/technology/obe/paa/obe-arc/html/Change_Arch_Mod...

Okay then ... the "old old" EM ... I haven't used that one in a long
time.

The terminology people use gets a little confusing trying to sort out
old EM from new OEM thru dbconsole from new OEM thru grid control ...
From: Mladen Gogala on
On Thu, 04 Mar 2010 15:00:59 +0100, Chris Seidel wrote:

> Doing this via EM allows it to do this in "open mode" because when you
> set the checkbox all the stuff (shutdown, startup, alter ...) is done
> for you by the EM.

Beautiful! I cannot wait to do that in the middle of working hours.

--
http://mgogala.byethost5.com
From: John Hurley on
On Mar 4, 10:43 am, Mladen Gogala <n...(a)email.here.invalid> wrote:

snip

> > Doing this via EM allows it to do this in "open mode" because when you
> > set the checkbox all the stuff (shutdown, startup, alter ...) is done
> > for you by the EM.
>
> Beautiful! I cannot wait to do that in the middle of working hours.

Even a little more drastic than recreating the OEM repository on a
live database!

From: gazzag on
On 4 Mar, 13:43, Mladen Gogala <gogala.mla...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> You're a DBA 2.0? Not a problem. Database can only be switched between
> archivelog and noarchivelog when it's mounted and not open. Also, it must
> be shut down cleanly. So, at approximately 10:30 AM, do the following:
>
> sqlplus "/ as sysdba"
> shutdown immediate
> startup mount
> alter database archivelog;
> alter database open;
>
> Being just an old DBA 1.0 hack, I dunno how to do that in EM.

OP stated version 10.2. The quotes aren't needed:

sqlplus "/ as sysdba" could also be

sqlplus / as sysdba

;)

-g
From: Chris Seidel on
On Thu, 04 Mar 2010 13:24:20 +0100, Chris Seidel <cseidel(a)arcor.de> wrote:

> I connected to an Oracle 10.2 via Enterprise Manager (EM) as sysdba.
> The checkbox to enable/disable Archivelog-Mode is disabled (grayed out).

Using the HTML-based EM from 10.2 - it works.
Seems to be a problem with the old 9.2 Java-based EM against a 10.2
database.