From: Ohmster on
noi <noi(a)siam.com> wrote in news:Z1gWg.20942$Ij.5578
@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com:
[snip]
> Not quite what I meant. These 2 work together to specify the
> configuration of the physical volume, like cluster size of FAT32
> partition. Larger size with smaller number of blocks vs
> small extent size with larger number of blocks but both describe the
> about the same size physical volume. Vgcfgrestore, mount, fsck, etc.
>
> Another recovery story:
> http://blog.herlo.org/2006/09/15/lvm-from-failure-to-recovery/

[snip]

This story looks good. Lots of details that may be helpful. I will try to
do something using this URL. Thank you noi.
(God this is overwhelming, but I will try.)
--
~Ohmster
theohmster at comcast dot net
From: Ohmster on
noi <noi(a)siam.com> wrote in news:Z1gWg.20942$Ij.5578
@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com:

> Not quite what I meant. These 2 work together to specify the
> configuration of the physical volume, like cluster size of FAT32
> partition. Larger size with smaller number of blocks vs
> small extent size with larger number of blocks but both describe the
> about the same size physical volume. Vgcfgrestore, mount, fsck, etc.
>
> Another recovery story:
> http://blog.herlo.org/2006/09/15/lvm-from-failure-to-recovery/

Oh that was it, that was it. That URL did the trick and I did it! Do you
hear me, I DID IT!

The drive is restored and I have all of my data back! Thank you so much
noi, I really could not have done this without you my friend. See new post
for details. Thanks again.