From: mutt on
I have install a fresh copy of Windows Vista Business and install microsoft
office 2003. I have set up my cablvision server account and can receive most
all my e-mails except the Hotmail and sbcglobal e-mails. It looks like a
returned message in text. Any way I can't open them. This is what the e-mail
looks like when I open it.
How do I fix this problem.. Install Vista from Windows XP PRO and outlook
worked fine.

From: Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook] on
"mutt(a)stjoelive.com" <muttstjoelivecom(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:EB83B899-08CC-421E-9B02-36465244D07B(a)microsoft.com...

>I have install a fresh copy of Windows Vista Business and install microsoft
> office 2003. I have set up my cablvision server account and can receive most
> all my e-mails except the Hotmail and sbcglobal e-mails. It looks like a
> returned message in text. Any way I can't open them. This is what the e-mail
> looks like when I open it.
> How do I fix this problem.. Install Vista from Windows XP PRO and outlook
> worked fine.

Uninstall your antivirus program and reinstall it without the mail scanning
feature.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: mutt on
Brian thanks for the reply. I uninstalled AVG (free edition)and unchecked the
mail scan option. (reinstalled) Went back to outlook and tried to open
another e-mail from hotmail. Still didn't open. However it was downloaded
from server before the AVG mail option was discontinued. Here is something
else thats strange to me. I have another person that sent me e-mail from
hotmail and it opened fine. (before discontinuing the scan opt) I don't
understand why I can receive e-mails from one hotmail address but not the
other. Have you got anything that can clue me in lol

From: Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook] on
"mutt(a)stjoelive.com" <muttstjoelivecom(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:0F55AA82-376C-4701-8305-93758F34A0DB(a)microsoft.com...

> Brian thanks for the reply. I uninstalled AVG (free edition)and unchecked
> the
> mail scan option. (reinstalled) Went back to outlook and tried to open
> another e-mail from hotmail. Still didn't open. However it was downloaded
> from server before the AVG mail option was discontinued.

Messages that have already been mangled won't get magically fixed. New
messages, however, should be OK.

> Here is something
> else thats strange to me. I have another person that sent me e-mail from
> hotmail and it opened fine. (before discontinuing the scan opt) I don't
> understand why I can receive e-mails from one hotmail address but not the
> other. Have you got anything that can clue me in lol

I can't explain it.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]