From: JC on
I'm administering Outlook for someone who needs a COM addin, which adds a
toolbar for interoperation with a program called SuperOffice. It worked up
until this morning, when the toolbar suddenly disappeared. Looking in the
COM-addins, the dll had disappeared completely (not just unchecked). I tried
to add it back in, but when I select the dll and hit OK, nothing happens -
the list remains blank. There is nothing in Deactivated Elements.
From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on
What version of Outlook? Is the addin disabled? look in Help, About in
older versions or Tools, trust center, addins in 2007.

--

Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Let's Really Fix Outlook 2010
http://forums.slipstick.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34

From: JC on
It's Outlook 2003, running on Vista. As mentioned previously, it is not
listed as disabled.

From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on
Where are you seeing "Deactivated Elements" ? If its not listed in Help,
About, Disabled items then you should uninstall the addin, reboot and
reinstall it.

From: JC on
Sorry about the inaccurate language - the Office installation I'm working
with is in Norwegian, and I'm not sure what all the terms are in the English
version. :) The term is, for me "Deaktiverte elementer" - it's the bottom
righthand button in the "About Microsoft Outlook Office." I'm guessing from
your post that it is "Disabled Items" in the English version.

How does one go about uninstalling an addin if it doesn't show up to begin
with? As I said, it doesn't show up in the "COM addins" list, and trying to
add it to the list does nothing.

I don't want to have to reinstall the whole program unless it's absolutely
critical.