From: dadiOH on
Michael wrote:
> Neil
>
> I tried 'ripping' my files from an item of CD software installed on my
> computer without success. However...........
>
> Went to Media Player and 'Ripped' the files from there. It now works.
> Whereas before, the files did play via a straight copy. But
> then........... Soon as I rebooted, I got nothing. Still, what I
> could like to know now. Is there any way that I can get all my tracks
> to show in the right pane in Media Player? Also, whether I can get
> the titles to show as well?
> On a final note. I may need more help as far as the Media Player is
> concerned. In particular since until recently, I've been playing my
> CD's. Both my CD players don't always take kindly to my home made
> CD's. So, having to rely on playing my tracks from the hard drive
> instead.
>
> Michael
>
> Ps. Files are now saved in WMA format as against CDA. Again, these
> different file extensions a 'grey area' since I have not studied what
> each one of these file extensions are supposed to do?

You might want to study a bit, saves you a lot of grief.

When you used Media Player it compressed the CD tracks to WMA which stands
for Windows Media Audio. *NOW* they are playable music files...they are
decompressed to wave when played.

To get displayed what you want displayed, you'll have to check the options
in WMP, can't help with it as I avoid it but I'll bet it has a help file.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

From: Michael on
Dadioh

I received both you posts. I cannot see the WMP file anywhere in Real
Player. So it could well be a help file like you said.

Thanks just the same for your help.

Michael

From: dadiOH on
Michael wrote:
> Dadioh
>
> I received both you posts. I cannot see the WMP file anywhere in Real
> Player. So it could well be a help file like you said.

You didn't say anything about Real Player in your original post. Windows
Media Player - WMP - and Real Player are two different programs.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

From: Michael on
For what I gather, Real player is mainly for playing videos. I do not
however have this on my system and remain quite aware that they are two
different programs.

For now, Nero and Media Player remains adequate for my needs. Still, where
I went wrong just now was that I did indeed, mention 'Real Player' in my
'slip of the tongue' to make 'light of the matter!'

From: Bill in Co. on
Michael wrote:
> For what I gather, Real player is mainly for playing videos.

Or, I'd say, for playing real media audio files on several sites. In fact,
that's the main reason I keep it - not for video. There are (many) better
video players out there, including WMP.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: IRQ conflict