From: C.M.G. on
Hello Hot-text,

Thanks for your suggestion. I am not sure I understand you correctly:

The ribbon cable has two connectors; the one closer to the motherboard is
connected to the RW, and the farther away (at the end of the ribbon) is
connected to the ROM.

The jumpers on both optical drives are set to cable select.

Are you saying the ROM should be plugged in closer to the motherboard, and
the jumper set to Master? And the RW connects at the end or the ribbon
cable, and jumper set to Cable select?

I appreciate your help.

Clem.

From: Hot-text on
The jumpers on both optical drives are set to cable select. NO No
One jumpers cable select.
One jumpers Master.
the farther or closer not it
it Master and cable select that make it work you is Just puck one..