From: Robert on
I have a laptop computer with Windows XP Professional. Sometimes I have
Ineternet Explorer open to several sights when I need to turn off the
computer and take it with me. I have notices that if I just unplug the
computer (and disconnect the battery) that when I turn it on again IE gives
me the option of restoring my previous sessions. This is convenient. If I
shut the computer down correctly before I go, IE does not offer this. Is
there any way to get the computer to save the sessions in IE without
pulling the plug out? I know I can just write down the website urls but it
would be nice. I cannot afford another computer.
From: Roy Smith on
On 12/4/2009 11:45 PM, Robert wrote:
> I have a laptop computer with Windows XP Professional. Sometimes I have
> Ineternet Explorer open to several sights when I need to turn off the
> computer and take it with me. I have notices that if I just unplug the
> computer (and disconnect the battery) that when I turn it on again IE gives
> me the option of restoring my previous sessions. This is convenient. If I
> shut the computer down correctly before I go, IE does not offer this. Is
> there any way to get the computer to save the sessions in IE without
> pulling the plug out? I know I can just write down the website urls but it
> would be nice. I cannot afford another computer.

I don't know myself as I use Firefox which gives you the option to start
the program with the tabs from the previous session. But perhaps you
might have better luck in fionding the asnwer to your question in the
Internet Explorer groups instead. You'll find people who are much more
knowledgable about IE there.

--

Roy Smith
Windows XP Pro SP3

From: FrankV on
Try pushing Ctrl button at shutdown>standby with the web pages left open.

Frank

From: FrankV on
My mistake. I should have said Shft button, not Ctrl button.

Frank

From: Hot-text on
<<< Start << log off << Switch User<<< Shut down<< And you will not need to
unplug no more!!!

"Robert" <readydougREMOVEERMVOE(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I have a laptop computer with Windows XP Professional. Sometimes I have
> Ineternet Explorer open to several sights when I need to turn off the
> computer and take it with me. I have notices that if I just unplug the
> computer (and disconnect the battery) that when I turn it on again IE
> gives
> me the option of restoring my previous sessions. This is convenient. If
> shut the computer down correctly before I go, IE does not offer this. Is
> there any way to get the computer to save the sessions in IE without
> pulling the plug out? I know I can just write down the website urls but
> it
> would be nice. I cannot afford another computer.

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Cannot read or write rewritable CDs
Next: Recycle Bin