From: Hot-text on
Your Welcome Robert
It work for me I a man always on the run too!

From: Twayne on
In news:%23SHpywcdKHA.1596(a)TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl,
Roy Smith <rasmith1959(a)live.com> typed:
> On 12/4/2009 11:45 PM, Robert wrote:
>> I have a laptop computer with Windows XP Professional. Sometimes I
>> have Ineternet Explorer open to several sights when I need to turn
>> off the computer and take it with me. I have notices that if I just
>> unplug the computer (and disconnect the battery) that when I turn it
>> on again IE gives me the option of restoring my previous sessions.
>> This is convenient. If I shut the computer down correctly before I
>> go, IE does not offer this. Is there any way to get the computer to
>> save the sessions in IE without pulling the plug out? I know I can
>> just write down the website urls but it would be nice. I cannot
>> afford another computer.
>

> I don't know myself as I use Firefox which gives you the option to
> start the program with the tabs from the previous session. But
> perhaps you might have better luck in fionding the asnwer to your
> question in the Internet Explorer groups instead. You'll find people
> who are much more knowledgable about IE there.

IE8 provides a similar function for saving a group of site URLs and
reopening them all at once too later on. It works, but of course it is not
going to re-establish all the internet connections automatically until you
call for it to open them.
FireFox is a bit easier to use that way, and more flexible, but it's a
user-preference type of think IMO.
And yeah, this would be better asked in the IE groups.

HTH,

Twayne`

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Cannot read or write rewritable CDs
Next: Recycle Bin