From: DavidA on
I'm using Eudora 7.1, Win XP Pro SP3. I can receive mail normally, I
can send mail, but when I try to Reply to mail I get an error message.

Error talking to SMTP server [421 Cannot connect to SMTP server
66.11.233.2 (66.]

The last 2 digits aare not always 66, I've also seen 13 in the
brackets. Anyone know how to fix this?

David
From: John H Meyers on
On 7/5/2010 3:19 PM, DavidA wrote:

> I'm using Eudora 7.1, Win XP Pro SP3. I can receive mail normally, I
> can send mail, but when I try to Reply to mail I get an error message.
> Error talking to SMTP server [421 Cannot connect to SMTP server
> 66.11.233.2 (66.]
>
> The last 2 digits aare not always 66, I've also seen 13 in the
> brackets. Anyone know how to fix this?

Contact the administrator for that server
( mail9.dotsterhost.com )
Ask what might cause a "421" error.

This table is somewhat general, and won't help in this case:
http://email.about.com/cs/standards/a/smtp_error_code_2.htm

If you are using different SMTP servers for different personalities,
that might account for "I can send mail" (using one personality)
but "can't reply" (using a different personality).

From: DavidA on
On Jul 5, 4:25 pm, John H Meyers <jhmey...(a)nomail.invalid> wrote:
> On 7/5/2010 3:19 PM, DavidA wrote:
>
> > I'm using Eudora 7.1, Win XP Pro SP3. I can receive mail normally, I
> > can send mail, but when I try to Reply to mail I get an error message.
> > Error talking to SMTP server [421 Cannot connect to SMTP server
> > 66.11.233.2 (66.]
>
> > The last 2 digits aare not always 66, I've also seen 13 in the
> > brackets. Anyone know how to fix this?
>
> Contact the administrator for that server
> ( mail9.dotsterhost.com )
> Ask what might cause a "421" error.
>
> This table is somewhat general, and won't help in this case:http://email.about.com/cs/standards/a/smtp_error_code_2.htm
>
> If you are using different SMTP servers for different personalities,
> that might account for "I can send mail" (using one personality)
> but "can't reply" (using a different personality).
>
> --

Thanks for your reply. I'm only using one personality, will try
contacting the administrator.