From: resolveit on

Hi , I am setting up SBS 2008 for the first time and have problems
sending emails but can recieve using pop3 connector.On installation it
created a domain bagmaf.local, my email add is ben(a)bag.co.za which i
added in SBS Console but in AD user the ben account properties show an
email add benl(a)bagmaf.local (benl being the logon name to the sbs
server) , i have not setup send connectors and am using sbs standard
setup. The strange thing is ben(a)bag.co.za sends to my gmail account ONLY
not to any other account & i tried 3 diff addresses.In my gmail account
it appears as benl(a)bagmaf.local not ben(a)bag.co.za. From research on the
web i see options to "create send connectors and relays etc" which i
have no idea on how to do. i would really appreciate a walk through to
resolving this problem with the info i have supplied noting the
addresses i put in are not true for sec reasons.
Current errors are outlook 2010 asks for certificate on Ben pc and asks
for logon details
Port 25 blocked but can Telnet and all ports on netgear router open
messages queing up in exchange
intermittent port mapping errors from fix net wiz

Thanx in advance - i am under pressure to get this project closed
a.s.a.p
ps would like advice on books for sbs for beginners

--
resolveit
resolveit's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/248025.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

From: Larry Struckmeyer[SBS-MVP] on
Hi:

Please note that this venue is due to be closed in a few days/weeks and you
will get much more attention in the new SBS Forum hosted by MS at the following
location.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/smallbusinessserver/threads

You can either use your web browser, or if you prefer to use your existing
(or different) nntp news reader you can use one of the official MS bridge
applications, or the combined one on codeplex.com

Official MS Bridge - Note two required.
http://connect.microsoft.com/MicrosoftForums/

Codeplex nntp bridge - only one required.
http://communitybridge.codeplex.com/

-Larry
-Please post the resolution to your issue so others may benefit.
-Get Your SBS Health Check at www.sbsbpa.com

From: Hart on
You may have to set up a smart host since some ISPs require that for sending
out emails.

My SBS 2008 has the same problem, so getting a smart host from my ISP will
be my next action item - haven't found the time to do so yet.

Please let me know if you make it out.

Hart

From: Hart on
I just made my SBS working for outgoing emails. Yes, as I mentioned earlier,
it was caused by this "smart host". As long as I configured it correctly, I
was able to send out emails.

From: resolveit on

Glad to see you got yours working , can you answer the following for me
1) In the smart host config did you put your ISP server name e.g in my
case smtp.isdsl.net no authentication ?
2) Did you add anything in EMC add new domain and send connector?
3)In pop3 connector did you add the user email add to the AD user
account (i am now getting an error when retrieving mail from the pop3
connector
4)Is your local domain name on the server the same name you put into the
setup internet address my local dom is bagmaf.local my email is
bag.co.za

Appreciate it if you answered each point , I have rerun the wizards and
played with send connectors and added new domains with int relays etc
now i cannot rec and send