From: Phyllis on
I have 3 seperate profiles in MS Outlook with a shortcut for each profile.
Until just a few hours ago I could open al 3 profiles, at different times,
with no problem. However, I can no longer open my gmail profile. Instead I
recieve the following message "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot
open the Outlook window."

Does anyone know how I can fix this? And also, what caused the problem?
From: Gordon on

"Phyllis" <phyllis(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have 3 seperate profiles in MS Outlook with a shortcut for each profile.
> Until just a few hours ago I could open al 3 profiles, at different times,
> with no problem. However, I can no longer open my gmail profile. Instead I
> recieve the following message "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook.
> Cannot
> open the Outlook window."
>
> Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Google or a search of this newsgroup still works you know - this is a very
frequently asked and answered question and you would have found the answer
instantly rather than having to wait 4 hours....

Do Start-Run and type in (without the quotes) "Outlook.exe /resetnavepane"

Note the space between exe and /

From: problems starting outlook 2007 problems starting outlook on
I have the same problem and it started on May 28 too. I treid Gordon's
advice, but then I got the following error: "command line argument not
valid. Verify the switch you are using" I made sure the space was between
exe and /

Help please

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"problems starting outlook 2007" <problems starting outlook
2007(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>I have the same problem and it started on May 28 too. I treid Gordon's
> advice, but then I got the following error: "command line argument not
> valid. Verify the switch you are using" I made sure the space was between
> exe and /

Then you still typed it incorrectly somehow.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: problems starting outlook 2007 on
I tried all possible combinations and none of them worked.