From: kai.lapis on
After reading many comments about this printer, I bought the MP780
today.

When I tried to set it up, the "put in cartridge" message does not show
up, and "check printer / press [ok]" comes up. The alarm LED is
blinking. When I open the covers, the print head holder stays hidden
to the right, and I cannot install the print head.

I called the Canon technical support, and the lady told me to unplug
the printer, wait 30 secs, then try again. She was not able to help me
solve the problem.

Can someone help me? Thank you very much in advance.

From: zakezuke on
> When I tried to set it up, the "put in cartridge" message does not show
> up, and "check printer / press [ok]" comes up. The alarm LED is
> blinking. When I open the covers, the print head holder stays hidden
> to the right, and I cannot install the print head.

Are you sure you removed the tape holding the printhead in place?

From: kai.lapis on
Yes, I have removed all tapes. The print head holder does move around
when I press ok when the "check printer / press [ok]" shows.

From: zakezuke on
> Yes, I have removed all tapes.

I'm trying to remember exactly what my mp760 did. I think I plugged it
in, opened the cover, noticed the printhead holder moving to center,
and then installing the printhead followed by the inks. As in, plug it
in while the cover is closed, wait for it to see there is no
printhead... open it, and instlal the printhead. If that doesn't work
i'd try pluging it in while the cover is open and see if the printhead
stops in a place where you can insert the head.

Problem is... I have a hard time remembering exactly what I did... I
just powered it up and put it in... pretty much.

From: kai.lapis@gmail.com on
I have tried plugging it on with the cover closed and opened. Both
times, it is the same, and the print head holder stays hidden to the
right.

It's weird ... every other Canon printer that I own, I plug it in, open
the cover, and the print head holder slides to the middle. Although,
according to the manual, this MP780 is supposed to do that as well.

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Epson Smart Panel
Next: Bill Atkinson profiles