From: Peter on
"nospam" <nospam(a)nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> In article <m4ht469dk4ev0qsck1dl1spcqgn7butqnr(a)4ax.com>, Bruce
> <docnews2011(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> For example, the article speculates about which company makes Nikon's
>> sensors under contract. But it is already widely known that they are
>> made by Sony.
>
> nikon has said the full frame sensors are made by an undisclosed
> company. thom hogan has compared chip markings and confirmed it isn't
> sony.

Brucie is not alone in quoting articles, without analyzing them.

--
Peter

From: Bruce on
On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 08:17:17 -0400, "Bowser" <badda(a)bing.com> wrote:
>"Bruce" <docnews2011(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 26 Jul 2010 23:20:36 -0700, bobwilliams <mytbob(a)cox.net>
>> wrote:

>>>Lots of really good info at that site.
>>

>> I think you meant "lots of really out-of-date info and plenty of
>> speculation, some of which is gratuitous".
>>
>> For example, the article speculates about which company makes Nikon's
>> sensors under contract. But it is already widely known that they are
>> made by Sony.
>
>And speaking of speculation....
>
>You have a link or some proof that Sony is indeed the manufacturer other
>than heresay?

It's pure hearsay, from directors of Nikon Europe BV and Nikon UK Ltd.

Of course Nikon USA's sensors could be made by a company other than
Sony, because as everyone in the world knows, products sold in the USA
are superior to those sold in other countries. ;-)

From: Bowser on
On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 14:05:39 +0100, Bruce <docnews2011(a)gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 08:17:17 -0400, "Bowser" <badda(a)bing.com> wrote:
>>"Bruce" <docnews2011(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

>>> I think you meant "lots of really out-of-date info and plenty of
>>> speculation, some of which is gratuitous".
>>>
>>> For example, the article speculates about which company makes Nikon's
>>> sensors under contract. But it is already widely known that they are
>>> made by Sony.
>>
>>And speaking of speculation....
>>
>>You have a link or some proof that Sony is indeed the manufacturer other
>>than heresay?
>

>It's pure hearsay, from directors of Nikon Europe BV and Nikon UK Ltd.
>
>Of course Nikon USA's sensors could be made by a company other than
>Sony, because as everyone in the world knows, products sold in the USA
>are superior to those sold in other countries. ;-)

So you have nothing? No link to the quotes by the "directory?" I've
read this many times, but have never seen anything but speculation.
From: Bowser on
On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 08:33:33 -0400, "Peter"
<peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote:

>"nospam" <nospam(a)nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>> In article <m4ht469dk4ev0qsck1dl1spcqgn7butqnr(a)4ax.com>, Bruce
>> <docnews2011(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> For example, the article speculates about which company makes Nikon's
>>> sensors under contract. But it is already widely known that they are
>>> made by Sony.
>>
>> nikon has said the full frame sensors are made by an undisclosed
>> company. thom hogan has compared chip markings and confirmed it isn't
>> sony.
>

>Brucie is not alone in quoting articles, without analyzing them.

And sometimes he doesn't even quote them. Pure BS.
From: Robert Coe on
On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 08:18:32 -0500, Outing Trolls is FUN!
<otif(a)trollouters.org> wrote:
: btw: It's fun to browse integrated circuits in high powered microscopes.
: So far I've found love-letters, images of the designer's pets, favorite
: sayings of the designer (most common), and all manner of graphics at
: the nearly-micron level.

Incredibly, I could almost believe that. It would presumably be a way of
trying to prevent forgery.

Bob