From: RichA on
http://www.icworks.com/blogs.aspx?id=4626&blogid=86
From: bobwilliams on
RichA wrote:
> http://www.icworks.com/blogs.aspx?id=4626&blogid=86
Lots of really good info at that site.
Bob
From: Bruce on
On Mon, 26 Jul 2010 23:20:36 -0700, bobwilliams <mytbob(a)cox.net>
wrote:

>RichA wrote:
>> http://www.icworks.com/blogs.aspx?id=4626&blogid=86
>Lots of really good info at that site.

I think you meant "lots of really out-of-date info and plenty of
speculation, some of which is gratuitous".

For example, the article speculates about which company makes Nikon's
sensors under contract. But it is already widely known that they are
made by Sony.

Sony happens to be the largest customer for Nikon's steppers. Given
the close working relationship between Nikon and Sony, it is hardly
surprising that Nikon chose its best stepper customer to manufacture
its sensors using Nikon steppers!

From: Bowser on
"Bruce" <docnews2011(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Mon, 26 Jul 2010 23:20:36 -0700, bobwilliams <mytbob(a)cox.net>
> wrote:
>
>>RichA wrote:
>>> http://www.icworks.com/blogs.aspx?id=4626&blogid=86
>>Lots of really good info at that site.
>

> I think you meant "lots of really out-of-date info and plenty of
> speculation, some of which is gratuitous".
>
> For example, the article speculates about which company makes Nikon's
> sensors under contract. But it is already widely known that they are
> made by Sony.

And speaking of speculation....

You have a link or some proof that Sony is indeed the manufacturer other
than heresay?

From: nospam on
In article <m4ht469dk4ev0qsck1dl1spcqgn7butqnr(a)4ax.com>, Bruce
<docnews2011(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> For example, the article speculates about which company makes Nikon's
> sensors under contract. But it is already widely known that they are
> made by Sony.

nikon has said the full frame sensors are made by an undisclosed
company. thom hogan has compared chip markings and confirmed it isn't
sony.