From: Gordon W on
Hi, I've got a Canon iP1000 printer that is 15 months old and is showing the
message that the waste ink absorber is full and to contact the service
department.

I've cleaned the absorber pad and now need to reset the message.

There's lots of advice on "the net" about pressing power and resume buttons
but that only works for as long as the printer is switched on. The same
procedure must be followed each time the printer is powered up. SWMBO says
"that's not an option".

Canon, of course, won't hand out any information but their service agent
will do the job for $96. As the printer cost $86 last year and I can get an
iP1600 for $79 I guess I'm going to have to buy a new printer each year
unless someone here knows of a permanent fix.

I downloaded a "iP1000 service tool" (General Tool for T5061 Ver 1.07)
which has a function to clear the EEPROM but I'd like some advice before I
press that button.

Any help would be appreciated

Gordon

From: zack on
4 step to Reset waste ink tank counter CANON PIXMA iP 1000
STEP 1:- Disconnect printer from AC power
STEP 2:- Press and HOLD the POWER button, and connect printer to AC power
STEP 3:- release the the POWER button
STEP 4:- Press the POWER button again

zack

From: Gordon W on

"zack" <youwillfinedme(a)home.com> wrote in message
> 4 step to Reset waste ink tank counter CANON PIXMA iP 1000
> STEP 1:- Disconnect printer from AC power
> STEP 2:- Press and HOLD the POWER button, and connect printer to AC power
> STEP 3:- release the the POWER button
> STEP 4:- Press the POWER button again
>
> zack
>
> "Gordon W" <welch(a)bigpond.com> wrote in message
> > Hi, I've got a Canon iP1000 printer that is 15 months old and is showing
> the
> > message that the waste ink absorber is full and to contact the service
> > department.
> >
> > I've cleaned the absorber pad and now need to reset the message.
> >
> > There's lots of advice on "the net" about pressing power and resume
> buttons
> > but that only works for as long as the printer is switched on. The same
> > procedure must be followed each time the printer is powered up. SWMBO
> says
> > "that's not an option".
> >
> > Canon, of course, won't hand out any information but their service agent
> > will do the job for $96. As the printer cost $86 last year and I can
get
> an
> > iP1600 for $79 I guess I'm going to have to buy a new printer each year
> > unless someone here knows of a permanent fix.
> >
> > I downloaded a "iP1000 service tool" (General Tool for T5061 Ver 1.07)
> > which has a function to clear the EEPROM but I'd like some advice before
> > press that button.
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated
> >
> > Gordon

Thanks zack, but I tried that and your i250 fix and as with all the other
methods I've tried they only last while power is applied. On power up the
next time I get the flashing amber LED and have to do the procedure again.

Thanks anyway, any other ideas?

Gordon

From: zack on
does the printer stop working in this mode

From: Gordon W on

> does the printer stop working in this mode
>
> "Gordon W" <welch(a)bigpond.com> wrote in message
> > Hi, I've got a Canon iP1000 printer that is 15 months old and is showing
> the
> > message that the waste ink absorber is full and to contact the service
> > department.
> >
> > I've cleaned the absorber pad and now need to reset the message.
> >
> > There's lots of advice on "the net" about pressing power and resume
> buttons
> > but that only works for as long as the printer is switched on. The same
> > procedure must be followed each time the printer is powered up. SWMBO
> says
> > "that's not an option".
> >
> > Canon, of course, won't hand out any information but their service agent
> > will do the job for $96. As the printer cost $86 last year and I can
get
> an
> > iP1600 for $79 I guess I'm going to have to buy a new printer each year
> > unless someone here knows of a permanent fix.
> >
> > I downloaded a "iP1000 service tool" (General Tool for T5061 Ver 1.07)
> > which has a function to clear the EEPROM but I'd like some advice before
> > press that button.
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated
> >
> > Gordon

Thanks for your reply zack

I'm not sure what you mean by "does the printer stop working in this mode".

Initially when the print monitor showed the absorber was full and I should
go for service the printer wouldn't print . After searching "the net" and
trying every "power and resume button fix" at power up of the printer I can
get a steady green LED and can print as long as I don't power down. On the
next power up of the printer I get an initial green and then 7 amber flashes
with the sequence repeated. Power off and do your ip1000 fix gets me a
steady green and I'm printing again until I power down the printer and it's
back to square one on the next power up of the printer.

In my first post I asked for thoughts on clearing the EEPROM. I thought it
would contain not only the modes of operation (colour/gray scale etc) but
may hold the info that triggers the ink absorber full message. Any thoughts
on that?

Anything else I can try, short of putting a new printer on my Christmas wish
list each year :o)

Gordon