From: Dave C. on

> It very well could be a 'calamity' if in fact it resets the ink counter, as
> you want to avoid getting air in the printhead chamber by continuing to try
> to print when a cartridge runs out. The result of that could make it
> difficult for ink from a new cartridge to displace that extra air drawn in
> from the previous cartridge and continue normal printing with the new one.
>
> --
> Jan Alter
> bear...(a)verizon.net
>
> --
> Jan Alter
> bear...(a)verizon.net

Jan,

Yes, that makes most sense. I am beginning to understand a little
more about the Brother, and running a head out of ink is definitely
not good especially with fixed print heads. I have always used HP
printers with the head in the cartridge. This is the first Brother,
and it is excellent with very detailed software and help files.

Regards,

Dave C.