From: Arvin Meyer [MVP] on
Look at the code:

First run your select statement from the query window, substituting a value
from cboservice. Do you get any records? If not, that's your problem, make
sure that the bound column matches the value you are trying to find, and
that you don't have a type mismatch. Your code calls for a numeric datatype.

Secondly, what is:

Call .Requery

If you want to requery the cboService combo box, use:

Me.cboService.Requery

HTH,
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

From: Joe on
Hi Arvin -
Success at last! It has taken a while but I found that my main problem was
that I was attempting to use my code in a subform.

New code is now as a query in row source of second combo (CboRank) with
CboService with row source as TblService.

Code reads:
SELECT Tbl_Rank.Rank_ID, Tbl_Rank.Rank, Tbl_Rank.Service_ID
FROM Tbl_Rank
WHERE (((Tbl_Rank.Service_ID)=[Forms]![Frm_Discharge Summary
Main]![SubFrm_Disch Summary].[Form]![CboService]))
ORDER BY Tbl_Rank.Rank;

And I have a requery in the after update event in CboService. All working
fine now - Many thanks for your help.
--
Joe