From: Sean Conolly on
"George's Pro Sound Co." <bmoas(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "N.Morrow" <none(a)none.com> wrote in message
>> As a former resident of Western PA, I remember hearing that Bradford was
>> nicknamed the 'icebox of Pennyslvania' because of some of the lowest
>> recorded temperatures in the state. According to Wikipedia, that title
>> goes to Kane, PA, but to me it will always be Bradford.
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bradford,_Pennsylvania
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kane,_Pennsylvania
>>
>> -N.Morrow
>>
> HA!
> the icebox of Pa would be the back porch patio of Watertown NY
> glad I am 50 miles south of where it really gets cold.
> George

Hmm, I'm about 700 miles south of that, and it's getting too cold for me
here. Today there was *ice* falling from the sky - and that's just wrong.

Need to move back to South Florida :-)

Sean

From: Denny Strauser on
N.Morrow wrote:
>> "George's Pro Sound Co." <bmoas(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>>> Justa shout out to any rmmga member who may be in or around Bradford Pa
>>> I will be doing sound and guesting on mandolin with Feildstone
>>> http://www.myspace.com/fieldstonemusic
>>> at Bradford's traditional First night gala celebration
>>> 12/31/2009 6:30 PM at First Night Bradford
>>> Church of the Ascension, Chautauqua Place, Bradford, Pennsylvania
>>> Tomorrow, New years eve first set goes off at 6:30
>>> hope to see ya ring in the New Year in grand style with a wonderful
>>> night of music
>>> George
>
> As a former resident of Western PA, I remember hearing that Bradford was
> nicknamed the 'icebox of Pennyslvania' because of some of the lowest
> recorded temperatures in the state. According to Wikipedia, that title goes
> to Kane, PA, but to me it will always be Bradford.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bradford,_Pennsylvania
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kane,_Pennsylvania
>
> -N.Morrow

I did a show in Bradford in May. Late at night, I went outside to smoke
a cigarette & a black bear ran right by me. I thought it was a black lab
until I saw it under a street light. Dogs aren't that muscular. Bradford
is on the border of Allegheny National Forrest. They have more bears
than stray cats.

- Denny
From: GregS on
In article <hhgonh$3d0$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>, "N.Morrow" <none(a)none.com> wrote:
>> "George's Pro Sound Co." <bmoas(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>>> Justa shout out to any rmmga member who may be in or around Bradford Pa
>>> I will be doing sound and guesting on mandolin with Feildstone
>>> http://www.myspace.com/fieldstonemusic
>>> at Bradford's traditional First night gala celebration
>>> 12/31/2009 6:30 PM at First Night Bradford
>>> Church of the Ascension, Chautauqua Place, Bradford, Pennsylvania
>>> Tomorrow, New years eve first set goes off at 6:30
>>> hope to see ya ring in the New Year in grand style with a wonderful
>>> night of music
>>> George
>
>As a former resident of Western PA, I remember hearing that Bradford was
>nicknamed the 'icebox of Pennyslvania' because of some of the lowest
>recorded temperatures in the state. According to Wikipedia, that title goes
>to Kane, PA, but to me it will always be Bradford.
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bradford,_Pennsylvania
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kane,_Pennsylvania

The old Pittsburgh weathermen would always give the Bradford temperatures.
I guess they forgot about it now. I remember when i stayed the night and it
was cold.

greg