From: George's Pro Sound Co. on

From: PeterD on
On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 07:44:52 -0500, "George's Pro Sound Co."
<bmoas(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

>"George's Pro Sound Co." <bmoas(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Justa shout out to any rmmga member who may be in or around Bradford Pa
>> I will be doing sound and guesting on mandolin with Feildstone
>>
>> http://www.myspace.com/fieldstonemusic
>>
>> at Bradford's traditional First night gala celebration
>>
>> 12/31/2009 6:30 PM at First Night Bradford
>> Church of the Ascension, Chautauqua Place, Bradford, Pennsylvania
>>
>> Tomorrow, New years eve
>> first set goes off at 6:30
>>
>> hope to see ya ring in the New Year in grand style with a wonderful night
>> of music
>> George

Too far away! Is it me, or is the concept of 'first night' dying out?
From: George's Pro Sound Co. on

"PeterD" <peter2(a)hipson.net> wrote in message
> On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 07:44:52 -0500, "George's Pro Sound Co."
> <bmoas(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>>"George's Pro Sound Co." <bmoas(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> Justa shout out to any rmmga member who may be in or around Bradford Pa
>>> I will be doing sound and guesting on mandolin with Feildstone
>>>
>>> http://www.myspace.com/fieldstonemusic
>>>
>>> at Bradford's traditional First night gala celebration
>>>
>>> 12/31/2009 6:30 PM at First Night Bradford
>>> Church of the Ascension, Chautauqua Place, Bradford, Pennsylvania
>>>
>>> Tomorrow, New years eve
>>> first set goes off at 6:30
>>>
>>> hope to see ya ring in the New Year in grand style with a wonderful
>>> night
>>> of music
>>> George
>>>

> Too far away! Is it me, or is the concept of 'first night' dying out?

I dunno it is pretty big in my circles, I don't know anyone who plans
on"watching the ball"
george

From: N.Morrow on
> "George's Pro Sound Co." <bmoas(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Justa shout out to any rmmga member who may be in or around Bradford Pa
>> I will be doing sound and guesting on mandolin with Feildstone
>> http://www.myspace.com/fieldstonemusic
>> at Bradford's traditional First night gala celebration
>> 12/31/2009 6:30 PM at First Night Bradford
>> Church of the Ascension, Chautauqua Place, Bradford, Pennsylvania
>> Tomorrow, New years eve first set goes off at 6:30
>> hope to see ya ring in the New Year in grand style with a wonderful
>> night of music
>> George

As a former resident of Western PA, I remember hearing that Bradford was
nicknamed the 'icebox of Pennyslvania' because of some of the lowest
recorded temperatures in the state. According to Wikipedia, that title goes
to Kane, PA, but to me it will always be Bradford.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bradford,_Pennsylvania
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kane,_Pennsylvania

-N.Morrow

From: George's Pro Sound Co. on

"N.Morrow" <none(a)none.com> wrote in message
>> "George's Pro Sound Co." <bmoas(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>>> Justa shout out to any rmmga member who may be in or around Bradford Pa
>>> I will be doing sound and guesting on mandolin with Feildstone
>>> http://www.myspace.com/fieldstonemusic
>>> at Bradford's traditional First night gala celebration
>>> 12/31/2009 6:30 PM at First Night Bradford
>>> Church of the Ascension, Chautauqua Place, Bradford, Pennsylvania
>>> Tomorrow, New years eve first set goes off at 6:30
>>> hope to see ya ring in the New Year in grand style with a wonderful
>>> night of music
>>> George
>
> As a former resident of Western PA, I remember hearing that Bradford was
> nicknamed the 'icebox of Pennyslvania' because of some of the lowest
> recorded temperatures in the state. According to Wikipedia, that title
> goes to Kane, PA, but to me it will always be Bradford.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bradford,_Pennsylvania
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kane,_Pennsylvania
>
> -N.Morrow

HA!
the icebox of Pa would be the back porch patio of Watertown NY
glad I am 50 miles south of where it really gets cold.
George