From: Rick Rothstein on
No, I never considered a blog. I think of a blog as a more "active" entity
than would be possible with one-liner postings. A website with a "My
One-liners" section might work, however, I have never gotten around to
setting up a website. Besides, I don't have an archive of all my one-liners
and Google search seems to be worthless. I tried a search on it for...

"one-liner" "rick rothstein"

and got back 69 hits in the Groups area (a lot of which were different parts
of the same thread)... I'd be willing to bet that over a 9 or 10 year span
of volunteering on the VB and Excel newsgroups that I have posted more than
69 one-liners.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

From: Eduardo on
Rick Rothstein escribi�:
> No, I never considered a blog. I think of a blog as a more "active"
> entity than would be possible with one-liner postings. A website with a
> "My One-liners" section might work, however, I have never gotten around
> to setting up a website. Besides, I don't have an archive of all my
> one-liners and Google search seems to be worthless. I tried a search on
> it for...
>
> "one-liner" "rick rothstein"
>
> and got back 69 hits in the Groups area (a lot of which were different
> parts of the same thread)... I'd be willing to bet that over a 9 or 10
> year span of volunteering on the VB and Excel newsgroups that I have
> posted more than 69 one-liners.

http://groups.google.com/groups/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=%22liner%22+author%3Arothstein

returns a bit more.

From: Rick Rothstein on
Yes, but now you are picking up message threads that I did not participate
in. For example, the eighth one down (Subject: "Search string without HTML
tag") appeared in the microsoft.public.sqlserver.programming newsgroup... I
have never participated in that newsgroup. I also saw a music newsgroup in
there as well (it would not have any one-liners by me in there as well.
Plus, you are getting hits on the word liner that are not part of the phrase
"one-liner". In addition, in all probability, a lot of the one-liners I
posted in the Excel newsgroups more than likely involve Excel
object-specific property/collection/method calls that would not have classic
VB equivalents. I know Google used to provide a better set of responses back
in the "olden" days, but about three years ago or so they changed something
and the relevant hit rates went down dramatically.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

From: Nobody on
> I know Google used to provide a better set of responses back in the
> "olden" days, but about three years ago or so they changed something and
> the relevant hit rates went down dramatically.

One of Google changes is that if you search by subject, and you enter one of
the common words(the,a,to, etc.), your search will return no results.

From: Karl E. Peterson on
Scott M. wrote:
> I don't seem to remember Microsoft appointing you or your point of view as
> somehow the last word on how to use this newsgroup.

What a priss.

> Given that I prefer to take your meaningless instructions on how to be helpful for
> exactly what they are worth.

So you're gonna go outside, then, and play hide go fnck yourself?
--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
Prev: crack for VSFlex8 in VB6.0
Next: Component Handles