From: oldblindpew on
Fred wrote "why not just delete the text box and add a check box?"

This is true, but it misses the point. Access seems to offer a capability
for changing controls from one type to another, but it doesn't work in this
case. You can go back to your table and make sure your field is a Y/N type
but it won't matter. You can make the textbox unbound by deleting the
reference to the source field, then try converting the unbound text box into
a check box, but it won't work. You can try changing the text box into some
other type, and then try changing from that into a check box, to no avail.
There is no obvious reason why this conversion could not be done, but for
some reason (presumably a good one), Access will not do it.