From: Afrosheen via AccessMonster.com on
Sorry Doug and Gina. Neither code worked. It still tells me invalid use of
Null.
The txtAssist is a text field

I even tried it this way:
sql6 = "Update tblMain set super1 = "" where super1 =""" & txtAssist & """"

From: John W. Vinson on
On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 00:41:16 GMT, "Afrosheen via AccessMonster.com"
<u46942(a)uwe> wrote:

>Thanks for the reply Gina and Doug. It is a true/false question.

An Access Yes/No field has ONLY two allowable values: it can be True (-1) or
False (0). It cannot be NULL, it cannot be "". I think that's the cause of the
code error you're getting!

If you need to allow the field three choices (yes, no, or NULL) then you'll
need to use a Number field and some special code to display it as a checkbox.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: David W. Fenton on
John W. Vinson <jvinson(a)STOP_SPAM.WysardOfInfo.com> wrote in

> If you need to allow the field three choices (yes, no, or NULL)
> then you'll need to use a Number field and some special code to
> display it as a checkbox.

Uh, the Access checkbox control has the TripleState property to
allow for just such a setup -- no code required.

--
David W. Fenton http://www.dfenton.com/
From: Marshall Barton on
David W. Fenton wrote:

>John W. Vinson wrote
>
>> If you need to allow the field three choices (yes, no, or NULL)
>> then you'll need to use a Number field and some special code to
>> display it as a checkbox.
>
>Uh, the Access checkbox control has the TripleState property to
>allow for just such a setup -- no code required.

But only if it's bound to a number field.

A Yes/No field can not be Null.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]
From: Gina Whipp on
Afrosheen,

Is this *connected* to an SQL Server? Unless you check Allow Nulls you will
need to set the box to either No or False.

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II