From: alcoss on

Hi,
I've been having the same problem, i.e whenever I open Word 2007 I get
the message "Word could not create the work file, check the temp
environment variable".
I am not very technically-minded unfortunately, so I find the previous
advice on this thread difficult to follow.
How exactly do I check the registry key 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software
\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders' ?
I am not sure what that means!

Thanks!

(I use Windows Vista on a Vaio laptop)

--
alcoss
alcoss's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/150454.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

From: ginny_le on

Hi *alcoss*
I'm using XP but think it's the same with Vista.
Go to *Start* > *Run*, type "regedit" in *Open*. It will open *Registry
Editor* and now you can find the path. Hope it helps ^_^.

--
ginny_le
ginny_le's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/141572.htm

From: alcoss on

Thanks ginny_le,
It's finally starting to make sense!

From: Randy Hawley on

Thank you ginny_le. For about three hours I was looking all over the net
and I found a post by diben805 that led me here. I just bought Outlook
2007 and it was working fine...just the other day and added WD external
drive...had to change the name from I to H so all my old programs would
work. Then Outlook started showing the above error message...then I
found your post and wa la presto it worked like a breeze, wish I would
have found your post three hours ago.

Thank you.

--
Randy Hawley
Randy Hawley's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/158303.htm

From: ginny_le on

You're welcome.This trouble drove me mad and I had to spend so much time
for it. I even removed my Office then reinstalled...Glad that you guys
kicked it out ^_^.

I don't know if you guys have same trouble like mine: after working
with my WD, I tried to plug it out of the PC but there was a msg said
like It cannot be plug out...bla bla, if I ignore the msg and plug it
out, this trouble comes again :-(. So next time, the msg comes again, I
have to restart my PC then plug WD out and everything is fine then.