From: Emily s on

Hi

I have had the same propblem. I have windows vista and have just got a
new laptop. I open a word doc and this message comes up 'Word could not
create the work file. check the temp environment variable'

I also have a Western Digital external hard disk. So I think this maybe
one of the things that are caursing the problem.

The only problem is that I am no good with computers. In order for me
to fix it what would the first step.

mistersaxon(a)cix.co.uk has suggested to Check the registry key
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software
\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders and look for
the Cache, Favourites, History and Cookies entries.

but I do not know how to do that...

Other suggestions say to do
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre
ntVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders\Cache\
%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files

If anyone can help within the next 24hrs ill be very greatful!

Thank you

--
Emily s
Emily s's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/133468.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

From: lidstone on

Thank you!
I had the same issue and this was indeed the solution i.e.
Change the key per the previous instructions to:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre
ntVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders\Cache\
%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files

Much appreciated.

--
lidstone
lidstone's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/136287.htm

From: ginny_le on

I also have WD portable drive and this is 2nd times it happens to me.

[*Emily*] I don't know how to change registry either. My friend helped
me kindda like the way [Susan Ramlet] #4 said and it worked well. Try it
Emily.

Open *Internet Explorer*, *Tool*>*Internet Options*, in
*General*>*Settings*. If the *Current location* is not
*C:\WINDOWS\Temp\Temporary Internet Files*, click *Move Folder* and
change it to *C:\WINDOWS\Temp\Temporary Internet Files*. Then click *OK*
and *Apply*

--
ginny_le
ginny_le's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/141572.htm

From: Rusty Norman on
Ginny,

Thanks for your prompt response. I will have to fall on the stake of
Ignorance. I am more of a user - not technical.

Essentially the message reads Error reading from the file:
D:\PFiles\MSOffice\1033\LVREG.DLL .

The program files were corrupted by a virus and the computer had to be
re-imaged. Restoral disks were lost during a move, but came originally from
Dell (a couple of years ago) as part of an AT&T employee concession program.

Thanks

--
Rusty Norman

From: ginny_le on

Rusty Norman;4640630 Wrote:
> Ginny,
>
> Thanks for your prompt response. I will have to fall on the stake of
> Ignorance. I am more of a user - not technical.
>
> Essentially the message reads Error reading from the file:
> D:\PFiles\MSOffice\1033\LVREG.DLL .
>
> The program files were corrupted by a virus and the computer had to
> be
> re-imaged. Restoral disks were lost during a move, but came originally
> from
> Dell (a couple of years ago) as part of an AT&T employee concession
> program.
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Rusty Norman
>

> "unknown" wrote:

I don't understand what are you talking about...Another error in Word?