From: Ben Goldman on
Nil wrote:

> On 28 Jan 2010, "polymod" <polymod(a)optonline.net> wrote in
> cakewalk.audio:
>
> > Yes ladies and gentleman, it's time to play "Chord Of The Day".
> >
> > If you can name the chord you win an all expenses paid trip to the
> > Anheuser Busch Brewery right here in beautiful sunny Newark, New
> > Jersey! (rats not included)
> > http://www.sonicmusic.net/Chord_Of_The_Day_1.mp3
> >
> > Hint:
> >
> > It is NOT a form of a Bb or any other demolished chord
> > I did NOT set all channels to a different patch and sit on the
> > keyboard...although the thought did cross my mind.
>

> Hmmmm... not sure I can pick out everything. Do you count the tympany
> as being a contributing note? I can't identify its pitch. I think I
> hear a G triad in there, maybe mushed up with a Cm7. If so, you could
> maybe call it Cm9(ma7) or G/Cm7.
>
> How close to the beer did I get?

I never have been good at play by ear stuff. All I get out of this is
an A#/Bb at the top. I also suck at theory. ;)

--
Cheers,
Ben
From: Neil Rutman on
I'm goin with G7 b5 or Gm7 b5
Neil R

From: jeffl on
I'm playing it on guitar but I'm not sure what it's called! Like G9add6
or something I probably wont play for awhile--am I close?

From: polymod on

"Nil" <rednoise(a)REMOVETHIScomcast.net> wrote in message
> On 28 Jan 2010, "polymod" <polymod(a)optonline.net> wrote in
> cakewalk.audio:
>
> > Yes ladies and gentleman, it's time to play "Chord Of The Day".
> >
> > If you can name the chord you win an all expenses paid trip to the
> > Anheuser Busch Brewery right here in beautiful sunny Newark, New
> > Jersey! (rats not included)
> > http://www.sonicmusic.net/Chord_Of_The_Day_1.mp3
> >
> > Hint:
> >
> > It is NOT a form of a Bb or any other demolished chord
> > I did NOT set all channels to a different patch and sit on the
> > keyboard...although the thought did cross my mind.
>

> Hmmmm... not sure I can pick out everything. Do you count the tympany
> as being a contributing note?

No. The typmpany is just doubling the lowest note.

>I can't identify its pitch. I think I
> hear a G triad in there, maybe mushed up with a Cm7. If so, you could
> maybe call it Cm9(ma7) or G/Cm7.
> How close to the beer did I get?

Hehe...closer than the rest<g>

Poly

From: polymod on

"Ben Goldman" <BenGoldmanREMOVE(a)centurytel.net> wrote in message
> Nil wrote:
>
> > On 28 Jan 2010, "polymod" <polymod(a)optonline.net> wrote in
> > cakewalk.audio:
> >
> > > Yes ladies and gentleman, it's time to play "Chord Of The Day".
> > >
> > > If you can name the chord you win an all expenses paid trip to the
> > > Anheuser Busch Brewery right here in beautiful sunny Newark, New
> > > Jersey! (rats not included)
> > > http://www.sonicmusic.net/Chord_Of_The_Day_1.mp3
> > >
> > > Hint:
> > >
> > > It is NOT a form of a Bb or any other demolished chord
> > > I did NOT set all channels to a different patch and sit on the
> > > keyboard...although the thought did cross my mind.
> >

> > Hmmmm... not sure I can pick out everything. Do you count the tympany
> > as being a contributing note? I can't identify its pitch. I think I
> > hear a G triad in there, maybe mushed up with a Cm7. If so, you could
> > maybe call it Cm9(ma7) or G/Cm7.
> >
> > How close to the beer did I get?
>
> I never have been good at play by ear stuff. All I get out of this is
> an A#/Bb at the top. I also suck at theory. ;)

Close. It's a "B" at the top.

Poly