From: Ann on
Hi -

I have a form with billing info that includes Billing Date, Billing Reasons
and Billing Due Dates. The Billing information is on a tab on a form. There
could be multiple dates and reasons.

What I would like to do is have a way that once the billing info is
completed for a specific date, be able to enter another date and more billing
reasons, so that the fields on that tab are "cleared' however, I will need to
query for the information that was "cleared" for reports.

When I tried "adding new record" it goes to the next customer on the list
and does not stay on the current customer that I am trying to add the
information about.

Please help if you can.

Thanks in advance for your help!

From: John W. Vinson on
On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 13:20:01 -0700, Ann <Ann(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi -
>
>I have a form with billing info that includes Billing Date, Billing Reasons
>and Billing Due Dates. The Billing information is on a tab on a form. There
>could be multiple dates and reasons.

Incorrect. The billing information is NOT ON THE FORM.

The billing information is *in a table*.

>What I would like to do is have a way that once the billing info is
>completed for a specific date, be able to enter another date and more billing
>reasons, so that the fields on that tab are "cleared' however, I will need to
>query for the information that was "cleared" for reports.
>
>When I tried "adding new record" it goes to the next customer on the list
>and does not stay on the current customer that I am trying to add the
>information about.

It sounds like you have just one table for customers, with fields for the
customer's billing information... right? I did ask earlier today about your
table structure, but haven't seen a response.

If the billing information needs to be kept (each customer has multiple
bills... Lord knows I do!!!) then you need *two tables*, one for customer
information, and a different table for bills. The second table would have a
CustomerID as a link. You could use a Form based on the customer table, with a
Subform on the tab page bound to the billing table. You would be able to move
to a new Billing record on the subform.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: Jeff Boyce on
As John points out, it all starts with the data ... and since we aren't
there, we don't know how your tables are set up.

More info, please...

--

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Access MVP

Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned in
this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein does
not constitute endorsement thereof.

guarantee as to suitability.

possible/necessary.

"Ann" <Ann(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi -
>
> I have a form with billing info that includes Billing Date, Billing
> Reasons
> and Billing Due Dates. The Billing information is on a tab on a form.
> There
> could be multiple dates and reasons.
>
> What I would like to do is have a way that once the billing info is
> completed for a specific date, be able to enter another date and more
> billing
> reasons, so that the fields on that tab are "cleared' however, I will need
> query for the information that was "cleared" for reports.
>
> When I tried "adding new record" it goes to the next customer on the list
> and does not stay on the current customer that I am trying to add the
> information about.
>
> Please help if you can.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help!

Pages: 1