From: Howard Brazee on
On Sun, 7 Feb 2010 15:36:33 +0000 (UTC), docdwarf(a)panix.com () wrote:

>That depends on who defines this 'pale', Mr Dashwood... members of the
>'wrong' political party, the 'wrong' religious persuasion or who obtain
>sexual gratification in certain manners have all been defined that way.
>
>This is, I believe, to be avoided in *my* United States of America,
>period.

My definition of "beyond the pale" is stricter when applied to me and
mine than when I define it for actions taken by others.

I demand myself, my family, and my nation to have higher
self-standards than I expect out of the enemy.

- James Madison
From: Anonymous on
In article <n9g0n55ck07goamdlkvtiig7a3asab73lo(a)4ax.com>,
SkippyPB <swiegand(a)Nospam.neo.rr.com> wrote:
>On Sun, 7 Feb 2010 20:31:41 +0000 (UTC), docdwarf(a)panix.com () wrote:

[snip]

>>If anyone, anywhere,
>>can find an equivalent of an American Wannsee Conference then I'm more
>>than willing to see this discussion cast into an entirely different
>>light... but until then it seems to be more of the 'We don't like what You
>>do so We'll do to You the opposite of some of that which is essential to
>>making Us We.'
>
>The government got away with it during WWII mainly because there
>wasn't much flow of information and people just didn't know.

The government of the United States of America did not, to the best of my
knowledge, have an equivalent of the Wansee Conference nor the purposes
which were stated in said Conference. If you have evidence to the
contrary then, by all means, produce it; if not then consider the thread
Godwin'd.

DD

From: Anonymous on
In article <y72dndiHsv1F0O3WnZ2dnUVZ_j6dnZ2d(a)earthlink.com>,
HeyBub <heybub(a)NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote:
>docdwarf(a)panix.com wrote:
>>>
>>> Heh!
>>>
>>> No, the U.S. is NOT following my analysis - at least in the current
>>> administration.
>>
>> And this, I'd say, is a Good Thing, for This or Any Other
>> Administration.
>
>And I'd say the failure to treat saboteurs as enemy combatants is criminal
>negligence on the part of the current administration.

There are people who say that failure to acknowledge the creation of the
Known World by Divine Fiat six-thousand-and-change years ago is grounds
for eternal damnation, as well; what is discussed here is a matter of law,
not religion. One step at a time, and as has been asked before: what
legal requirements must be met in order to change the black-letter
imperatives of the Constitution when it comes to how 'no person' is to be
treated?

No 'sigh' needed, no 'per se' to weasel around it: when is, according to
the corpus of Constitutional law, a human being not to be treated as 'a
person'? Answer that simple question and you're on your way to putting
forward a reasonable argument.

DD

From: Anonymous on
In article <0e-dnfKo6_-66O3WnZ2dnUVZ_sydnZ2d(a)earthlink.com>,
HeyBub <heybub(a)NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote:
>docdwarf(a)panix.com wrote:
>> Notice how one how one respondant here has
>> been hammering away at the black-letter law of the Constitution...
>> and the other saying 'I took a course and this just isn't what I came
>> away with.'
>>

>Had you taken such a course you would know that it doesn't matter what the
>Constitution says. The only thing that counts is what the Constitution
>means. And what the Constitution means is solely determined by the courts.

If taking such a course would make me appear to be completely and utterly
ignorant of the black-letter imperatives of Article III, Section 2, then
one's education might have been the better for having missed it.

'In all other cases before mentioned (ed. note.: including 'all cases,
arising in law and equity, arising under this Constitution') he Supreme
Court shall have appellate jurisdiction, both as to law and fact, with
such exceptions, and under such regulations as the Congress shall make.'

So... what regulation, applicable to Amendments V and VI, has the Congress
made which renders a human being a non-person?

DD

From: SkippyPB on
On Mon, 8 Feb 2010 20:42:21 +0000 (UTC), docdwarf(a)panix.com () wrote:

>In article <n9g0n55ck07goamdlkvtiig7a3asab73lo(a)4ax.com>,
>SkippyPB <swiegand(a)Nospam.neo.rr.com> wrote:
>>On Sun, 7 Feb 2010 20:31:41 +0000 (UTC), docdwarf(a)panix.com () wrote:
>
>[snip]
>
>>>If anyone, anywhere,
>>>can find an equivalent of an American Wannsee Conference then I'm more
>>>than willing to see this discussion cast into an entirely different
>>>light... but until then it seems to be more of the 'We don't like what You
>>>do so We'll do to You the opposite of some of that which is essential to
>>>making Us We.'
>>
>>The government got away with it during WWII mainly because there
>>wasn't much flow of information and people just didn't know.
>
>The government of the United States of America did not, to the best of my
>knowledge, have an equivalent of the Wansee Conference nor the purposes
>which were stated in said Conference. If you have evidence to the
>contrary then, by all means, produce it; if not then consider the thread
>Godwin'd.
>
>DD

Just because the US Government didn't have an equivalent to the Wansee
Conference doesn't make what they did during WWII any less deplorable.
In fact the Wansee Conference was only delegating out to various
German Department's Hitler's anti-Jewish policies which were already
in place.

You can't tell me there wasn't some congressional committee or
presidential group that didn't talk about or at lest give approval to
the FBI for rounding up the Japanese Americans or approve and/or plan
the importation of Germans and Italians for the purposes of interment
in US prisons from the various Latin American countries they came
from. These things could not have been undertaken by the multiple US
agencies involved without approval from above. And that kind of
approval doesn't happen in a vacuum.

Regards,

--
////
(o o)

"An oral contract isn't worth the paper it's written on."
-- Sam Goldman

Remove nospam to email me.

Steve