From: Mr. Cheese on
Am I dreaming. I recall there way a way to tell WinXP to display program
names in columnar
format when one clicks START/All Programs.
Anyone recall how to do this??

Thx
From: glee on
Not sure what you mean by columnar format.... do you mean a single
scrolling list rather than multiple columns?

Right-click the Start button, click Properties on the menu that appears,
then click the Customize button on the Start Menu tab.

Now click the Advanced tab on the Customize Start Menu sheet.

In the center section, "Start Menu Items", scroll down and put a check
in the box for "Scroll Programs"

Click OK all the way out.

--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009
A+

From: Twayne on
In news:OiyWaQoqKHA.5936(a)TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl,
Mr. Cheese <null(a)nowhere.net> typed:
> Am I dreaming. I recall there way a way to tell WinXP to display
> program names in columnar
> format when one clicks START/All Programs.
> Anyone recall how to do this??
>
> Thx

Glee was almost right, but to get the column display, you REMOVE the tick
from "scroll programs". Whatever you see when you get there, change it<g>!

Please post only in Plain Text, not HTML.
Life is the only real counselor; wisdom unfiltered
through personal experience does not become a
part of the moral tissue.

From: Mr. Cheese on
Twayne wrote:
> In news:OiyWaQoqKHA.5936(a)TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl,
> Mr. Cheese <null(a)nowhere.net> typed:
>> Am I dreaming. I recall there way a way to tell WinXP to display
>> program names in columnar
>> format when one clicks START/All Programs.
>> Anyone recall how to do this??
>>
>> Thx
>
> Glee was almost right, but to get the column display, you REMOVE the
> tick from "scroll programs". Whatever you see when you get there,
> change it<g>!
>
> Please post only in Plain Text, not HTML.
Yup! Removing the tick is what I wanted. It been many moons since I've
looked at the Start button properties.

Thx to all
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2